Am tired hearing how great Rodgers is (1 Viewer)

Steve Young is the best comparison to Aaron Rodgers, he really is.

Young retired with the greatest TD/INT ratio in NFL history back in 1999. He also was the record leader in completion percentage. If social media was a thing in 1999, we would've endlessly seen stuff calling him the GOAT at his retirement due to his godly stats.

Young also replaced a HoF QB, and took over a team reeling from an NFC title game appearance. That 49ers offense was loaded when Young took over, no different with Rodgers. The Packers had Gregg Jennings, Donald Driver, Jermichael Finley and Ryan Grant from Favre's last year. This is equivalent to Young having John Taylor, Jerry Rice, Brent Jones and Roger Craig. The one piece added with Rodgers was Jordy Nelson. For Young, it was Rickey Watters at RB (and letting Watters walk cost them the chance of back to back SB wins in 1995)

Young and Rodgers are nearly identical with pretty stats and also poor comeback wins, game winning drives and OT victories. Young never had many comeback wins.

The only major difference is, Young was a better QB at avoiding pressure and sack percentage. He was also a true dual-threat QB and could do damage with his legs. Both of them are injury prone, put up god-tier stats, but have poor comeback wins, OT victories and game winning drives.

I'd still take Young over Rodgers though, strictly cause he's the greatest dual-threat QB to ever play the game.
thank you. young (ugh whiners) is totally overlooked when rodgers is mentioned as such a “great qb threat” with his arm or legs. i mean fork, even qbs like brees get no credit for their ability to scramble out of the pocket (though zebras still flag him when he throws it away 5 or 15 yards outside the pocket).

sheet, i’d take alex smith to do the same, if given a choice. he is far cheaper and has proven to perform under the similar conditions. now, he does seem to suck when not motivated though, but i would almost rather that than my qb take a sack to avoid messing with completion percentage. i laugh that he was drafted higher. poor guy would have been dynamic waiting behind favre.

Yeah but it is still annoying to hear every sports media outside saints fans talk about how much better Rodgers is than brees.
Also, even my friends who are neither saints nor packers fans always just assume Rodgers is better than brees based on the never ending theme that Rodgers is so great. When I ask someone specifically how is Rodgers better than brees, the typical answer I get back is, “well, he just is.”

Ryan Clark had a take today about how QBs like Brady and Brees engender loyalty... even players who leave always talk glowingly about their leadership.... but there aren't many ex-packer players who do that for Rodgers....

I don't know whether there is any truth to that... but for Clark to say that publicly means he is getting some feedback from behind the scenes.

Aaron Rodgers is the Wade Boggs of football. Wade would get his nice singles during a game. Yet during crunch time, he disappeared. Couldn't buy a huge hit. Yet the boxscore looked sexy. So Wade was let off the hook.

Also, even my friends who are neither saints nor packers fans always just assume Rodgers is better than brees based on the never ending theme that Rodgers is so great. When I ask someone specifically how is Rodgers better than brees, the typical answer I get back is, “well, he just is.”
this. this x 10000. i have had this conversation with saints “fans”. i mean, “he seems so nice” but can’t give a single reason outside of that. personally he seems like a total dick to me. especially after the news a few-fork i don’t know how many, years ago when brees was doing crossfit or some sheet in the offseason, there were other players across the league with him, including rodgers, and the only thing said about rodgers was he played around or some sheet the whole time.

also, thinking about it, why wasn’t he punished by the league after “deflate gate”? he openly admitted to over inflation of the balls when he plays.

Aaron Rodgers is the Wade Boggs of football. Wade would get his nice singles during a game. Yet during crunch time, he disappeared. Couldn't buy a huge hit. Yet the boxscore looked sexy. So Wade was let off the hook.

Yeah, but I bet Aaron can't drink 70 beers on a cross-country flight.

I'm getting tired of reading at least 2-3 Rodgers threads EVERY week. So if we're all tired of it, then let's stop talking about it, no?

Rodgers has one selfish goal right now. It's to break Brady's record of a 28:2 TD:Int ratio.

Problem is he has to get really aggressive and throw 6 TDs over the last 2 games. Can't see him doing that without throwing a pick.

Rodgers is a great QB but he is NOT the greatest ever, not by a long shot! He's arrogant and cocky with an ego the size of Russia. Just ask some of his former team mates that have played with him over the years. The opinion of him being the greatest is just what the talking heads keep pushing ad nauseam year after year. It's kind of like the narrative pushed about the Saints being unable to win outdoors or on the road, it's ridiculous. GreenBay is 0-7 on the road this year and Saints are 7-1, SMH!

I'm getting tired of reading at least 2-3 Rodgers threads EVERY week. So if we're all tired of it, then let's stop talking about it, no?
So you know by the thread title that it's a demeaning Rodgers thread yet you inflict pain upon yourself by reading through it?

this. this x 10000. i have had this conversation with saints “fans”. i mean, “he seems so nice” but can’t give a single reason outside of that. personally he seems like a total dick to me. especially after the news a few-fork i don’t know how many, years ago when brees was doing crossfit or some shirt in the offseason, there were other players across the league with him, including rodgers, and the only thing said about rodgers was he played around or some shirt the whole time.

also, thinking about it, why wasn’t he punished by the league after “deflate gate”? he openly admitted to over inflation of the balls when he plays.
I know a few in Madison Wisconsin who have seen him hanging out, and I am sure most athletes don’t like to be bothered but they weren’t asking for his autographs just wanted to say how great he was, and they said he was quite cold and arrogant, kind of like what his ex teammates that talk about him also infer about him and these were his teammates. I think it was Greg Jennings that said he wouldn’t even give Jennings his cell number when Jennings wanted to converse to talk about what plays they could do, etc. another former packer receivers I forgot his name, said during a game, the opponent covering him asked him why are you just running these slot patterns when he was their top receiver, and then Rodgers came over and said to the opponent and said take him, have him, meaning he didn’t care if that receiver stayed on the team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom