Announcement AMA Tomorrow starting at 10am CST (1 Viewer)

Why do teams run sweeps/tosses/outside runs to the short side of the field in the red zone? Is it simply to throw off the defense? Just seems those plays never have enough room to go anywhere.
Because you often get a numbers advantage to the boundary, especially vs. man or when a defense is setting its run strength to the field side. There's strategy to it.

Payton isn't the only coach I've seen do this. At all.
It's just a clock management thing. You can try to set up plays for hash marks, but it's honestly really too much work in my opinion.

Hey guys, I'm doing the AMA on a different thread (will try to make it more organized next time) but here's some rapid fire answers to the questions here.

Trautman is a lock, he's the most balanced in-line tight end. Johnson and Hill are the guys I'm most intrigued by... Hill in that F, and Johnson as more of that flex/matchup guy. Vannett is interesting... he surprised a few times last season, but I need to watch a little more of him on film before I'm comfortable making a huge evaluation of him.

Johnson and Hill have the most potential when it comes to separating themselves from the pack.
I didn't think about a separate thread. Thanks for responding!

I am hoping to see a leap from Johnson as a pass catcher this year. He showed some flashes receiving, I believe, but I don't think he had many blocking opportunities, or I wasn't paying enough attention.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom