Amari Cooper a free agent (1 Viewer)

It's interesting to me that Amari Cooper is known as a great, Pro Bowl WR but he's never had 100 catches, never had double digit TDs, and he's never gone over 1,200 yards. Here are his career highs:

Rec - 83 ('16)
TDs - 8 ('19)
Yards - 1,189 ('19)

Just to put those numbers into perspective, here are Michael Thomas' career lows:

Rec - 92 ('16)
TDs - 5 ('17)
Yards - 1,137 ('16)

Cooper has a chance to sign a deal in the same ballpark as Thomas. I don't think he'll be worth it.

One thing I will say, watching dallas games, half my fam are cowboys fans, is that Dak and Garrett kinda hurt his stats last year. Coop needs an accurate qb to succeed hes not a ball snatcher just a route runner, hes not going moss anyone like CGM. Against inferior teams where Dak had clean pocket. Coop was unstoppable, but in games Dak got fluster he would constantly miss throws, and coop would kinda just let them float by. Add on too that I felt when Garrett felt pressure of him getting fired towards the end, I felt like he went back to what was comfortable run run pass, run run pass. I do feel he's a tad overrated and may get overpaid. But I would if I was a head coach who had an accurate qb. But if I had a gunslinging qb like Dak, Coop is going look mediocre.

It's interesting to me that Amari Cooper is known as a great, Pro Bowl WR but he's never had 100 catches, never had double digit TDs, and he's never gone over 1,200 yards. Here are his career highs:

Rec - 83 ('16)
TDs - 8 ('19)
Yards - 1,189 ('19)

Just to put those numbers into perspective, here are Michael Thomas' career lows:

Rec - 92 ('16)
TDs - 5 ('17)
Yards - 1,137 ('16)

Cooper has a chance to sign a deal in the same ballpark as Thomas. I don't think he'll be worth it.

Is he MT? No as maybe two or three other have in the entire league but I will say MT has one of the best in the history of the game throwing to him while Coop has had David Carr and Dak I can’t hit back side of a barn Prescott throwing to him. Anybody whom has truly watched Coop when given the chance to shine knows he has some mad skill.

Rec - 83 ('16)
TDs - 8 ('19)
Yards - 1,189 ('19)

Rec - 92 ('16)
TDs - 5 ('17)
Yards - 1,137 ('16)

So, the qbs he’s dealt with I’m sure had nothing to do with that

Are we forgetting that Amari actually hates the city or at the very least doesn’t care much for it? Say what you want, but that matters.

i have a sinking feeling he'll go the patriots and team up with Brady...

Are we forgetting that Amari actually hates the city or at the very least doesn’t care much for it? Say what you want, but that matters.

Dude, played for Alabama. He does not necessarily have high standards.

Loomis/SP were so smart for locking in MT when they did.
Julio got 66 MM guaranteed at signing
Cooper gets 60
Beckham 41
Evans 38
Hop 37
MT 36!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom