Amateur geologists (or possibly construction worker) needed (1 Viewer)

Has the cocoon hatched? Brian Dennehy died yesterday so I was thinking that may be the trigger to introduce the alien species.

Well, it's not concrete slag, but other than that, I dunno. Some sort of geode or crystal something. I guess I'll see if there's some sort of geology reddit or something.

Masonry grinders don't do anything to it. Whatever it is, it's tougher than I have the tools for.

Attachments

• rock3.jpg
    rock3.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 50
Well, it's not concrete slag, but other than that, I dunno. Some sort of geode or crystal something. I guess I'll see if there's some sort of geology reddit or something.

Masonry grinders don't do anything to it. Whatever it is, it's tougher than I have the tools for.
Hope you didn't smash up a good diamond. :scratch:

No. Right now, it's looking like the best guess is a thunderegg with a solid quartz center.

No. Right now, it's looking like the best guess is a thunderegg with a solid quartz center.

Did you see my response on page 1. I may actually be able to answer your question.

Did you see my response on page 1. I may actually be able to answer your question.
He probably thought that you are just another pretty face. Nobody takes the eye candy seriously.

Nope, I missed it. I really just wanted to know if it was a rock or just some ball of concrete someone made out of boredom. I guess I got that answer.

Now if you have any recommendations on a lapidary who can cut it clean for not too much money, let me know.

Nope, I missed it. I really just wanted to know if it was a rock or just some ball of concrete someone made out of boredom. I guess I got that answer.

Now if you have any recommendations on a lapidary who can cut it clean for not too much money, let me know.

I'm really curious about Dan's answer. So please answer his question, east or west of the Trinity River? And to keep it simple, let's leave out all the forks and just go with the main river that meanders through Dallas.

Or Dan could say, "well if you're west of the Trinity, it's probably __________, but if you're east of the Trinity, then it's ____________". I wonder what the answer is if you found it IN the Trinity? Solidied Oklahoma poop?

Without seeing it in the light, almost looks like casting slag.

But PM Dan, he either has a good guess, or probably knows folks up near you that can help you out.

Can you tell me where you found it? Does it feel dense for its size?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom