Amateur geologists (or possibly construction worker) needed (1 Viewer)

are Y’all not able to see the picture in post 17? That tells the story. According to the whatisthisrock reddit, it’s likely a thunder egg.

It's a dickphor.

DXPbvXVX0AAYqMs.jpg

Did you see my response on page 1. I may actually be able to answer your question.

Cool!

I have nine hours of college geology, but I don't remember much of it. What I remember most was the hot TA I had teaching the lab in my freshman year.

We had a box of minerals to identify and I took out the piece of slate and carved into it, "Geologists do it in the dirt" - and gave it to her as a paperweight for her desk.

She was fairly amused. I was pleased.

Cool!

I have nine hours of college geology, but I don't remember much of it. What I remember most was the hot TA I had teaching the lab in my freshman year.

We had a box of minerals to identify and I took out the piece of slate and carved into it, "Geologists do it in the dirt" - and gave it to her as a paperweight for her desk.

I wanted to do something like that, but none of the TAs I got were particularly hot. :rant:

Cool!

Hence the term, "dumber than a box of rocks". The lower level geology classes are usually referred to as "rocks for jocks" as they were easiest classes to get your science requirements. I was a TA for many geology labs.

How pleased were you? Details please, or pictures if you have them. :D

Geologists are taken for granite.

This wife that wrote to Ann Landers would agree with you.

GeoSwitch.png
lol, yeah, Ann, she sounds pretty worried for not being worried. I would lava to hit that woman who wrote the letter upside the head.

Geologists are very much underappreciated. There aren't many TV shows or movies that feature a geologist as a star character. But there is one I do remember. It was a movie named Waltz Across Texas starring Anne Archer and her husband Terry Jastrow.

1588218640455.png

It was not critically acclaimed but I enjoyed it (hey, it had a geologist in it!). It was a movie from 1982 when Anne Archer was in her 30s. She was the geologist.

1588219254066.png

Can you believe Anne Archer is in her 70s now and still going strong in television and movies? She played one helluva geologist though.

Geologists are very much underappreciated. There aren't many TV shows or movies that feature a geologist as a star character. But there is one I do remember. It was a movie named Waltz Across Texas starring Anne Archer and her husband Terry Jastrow.

1588218640455.png

It was not critically acclaimed but I enjoyed it (hey, it had a geologist in it!). It was a movie from 1982 when Anne Archer was in her 30s. She was the geologist.

1588219254066.png

Can you believe Anne Archer is in her 70s now and still going strong in television and movies? She played one helluva geologist though.
She rocked!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom