Amazing Race (2 Viewers)

Which part? The catchy tune about the Communist regime or the visits to the B-52 crash monument that celebrates the death of U.S. soldiers in Vietnam?

Outrage? Uh, yeah.
The popular CBS reality show "The Amazing Race” is under fire for featuring an episode set in Hanoi, Vietnam, where contestants go to a B-52 Memorial, which is the wreckage of an American bomber plane shot down during the Vietnam War, to find the next clue in their televised round-the-world journey.

In the episode, the twisted metal of the downed plane is treated as any other prop, with a bright ‘Amazing Race’ ‘Double-U-Turn’ signed planted in front of it, signifying to contestants the next phase of their scavenger hunt.

The show also had contestants learn a song that was performed for them by children in front of a portrait of North Vietnam communist leader Ho Chi Minh, with subtitled lyrics that included “Vietnam Communist Party is glorious. The light is guiding us to victory.”

Read more: ‘Amazing Race’ episode set in Hanoi sparks outrage over use of B-52 as prop, communist song | Fox News

I was really hoping that the dad and son would try to keep going.

They were a little weepy but I liked them both.

I think we'll see them again in a later season.

I did think that the song was odd.

I was listening to it and thinking, 'I guess I've been misinformed, I had no idea that communism was so festive'

I'm surprised that the Asian team went out the way that they did.

Very surprised that Chuck and Wynonna lasted as long as they did. she was just dead weight.

I guess I'm rooting for the Hockey guys. They remind me a little bit of the cowboys from a few years ago.

I am so glad that the you tubers are out, I loathed them a lot. I also want the hockey guys to win, they seem pretty decent guys.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom