Amazing Thomas Morstead Stat (1 Viewer)

greg985

All-Pro
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Thomas Morstead has rebounded from a difficult 2015 to be the top punter of the first half. He has been above average in all three major areas, but in particular, his ball placement stands out. He is the only punter in the NFL who has not landed a ball between the hashes in the first eight weeks, placing only eight punts inside the numbers.

I know a lot of people don't like Bleacher Report, but still Morstead is having and incredible year.

NFL1000: Ranking the Top 1,000 Players at Midseason | Bleacher Report

Another reason Wil Lutz was a huge get is it greatly reduces the wear and tear on Morestead's leg.

That and his kick placement has limited the amount of tackles he ends up having to make (we don't need him getting injured making tackles like he has in the past...)

Even with that being the case:

Best Tackler: Thomas Morstead, New Orleans Saints

Another reason Wil Lutz was a huge get is it greatly reduces the wear and tear on Morestead's leg.
How? Hasn't it been at least two years since he's done kickoffs? Or were you aiming more at a field position meaning perhaps?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

#1 in the league in an era where there are a number of great punters is impressive. Other impressive punters (Andy Lee, Marquette King, and the eternal Shane Lechler)
I watched a video (maybe YouTube) with a head to head punting competition between King and Morestead. King's power was significantly less than Morestead. They were even doing drop kick style field goals from something like 70 yards out. It was impressive.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom