Amazon delivery times (1 Viewer)

The most likely reason that you would have to wait six weeks for a gaiter is not because Amazon won't deliver it timely but because there has been a mad rush on gaiters and face coverings of any kind for 3+ weeks now and it's probably still in the process of being manufactured in some foreign country and delivered to the seller at unpredictable times. I bought a fishing gaiter several weeks ago and I didn't find any where Amazon itself was the seller so you are almost certainly dealing with a third party seller. For products sold by Amazon and currently in stock in their warehouses, even the "non-priority" items my family has bought are arriving for us in 3-4 days using Prime.

For whatever it's worth, the gaiter I bought had an estimated shipping time of something like two weeks (I ordered it within 2-3 days of the CDC recommendation to wear masks) and ended up in my mailbox about 3 days later. Sellers are advertising the worst possible scenario shipping time to avoid complaints. I can't imagine anyone can pinpoint a delivery date a month and a half out with any certainty at all.

I’m convinced my Amazon delivery people are stealth ninjas playing tricks on me. Everyone who approaches my front porch sets off my motion camera and gets recorded, except for Amazon deliveries. The packages just seem to appear on my front porch without ever setting off the motion camera. But if the truck drives up and they deliver across the street from me, the camera records that.
Amazon has recently started taking a pic of every package they leave & where they leave it, on our porch???? Then they send the pic in the email that says the package was delivered!!!??? Bizarre.....forces the driver to even waste more time at your house, & slows up delivery.

más long as it’s not truck nuts. We are still friends.
I do have a Dodge so if I we're going to have truck nuts it would be the right vehicle for it. It's a 1 ton so it would have to be ginormous actual nuts on a piece of chain....state law.

Amazon has recently started taking a pic of every package they leave & where they leave it, on our porch???? Then they send the pic in the email that says the package was delivered!!!??? Bizarre.....forces the driver to even waste more time at your house, & slows up delivery.
but cuts down on thiefs being labeled company negligence

I did a direct order from Netgear for a modem that was a 2 week delivery on Amazon. I got in three days and at a slightly better price.

Also, I try to use Amazon because of the Prime membership, but we also use smile.amazon to have a percentage go to a non-profit cause that we support. We do pro-bono work for the local Family Promise that shelters homeless families. Organizations like theirs are in a real bind. The two annual fundraisers are postponed/cancelled because they are large public gatherings - the state chili cookoff and a garden festival/banquet.
Me too. We always use Amazon Smile, so that a donation goes to a local charity. Bezos is pretty cheap with the very low percentage that he sends to the charity though.

Recently had a strange experience with Amazon Smile. Ordered a product on 3/17/20 & it shipped on 3/19/20. In mid April, life circumstances changed, and we no longer needed the product. I sent an email to Amazon & asked if I could cancel the order. The vendor responded immediately, & was obviously from a foreign country as the English was kind of jumbled up in their response. The vendor said they were sorry, but the product was already in transit & then explained how I could get my money back. The total bill was only $5.00, so I told the vendor, “no problem, I will just accept the package.” The vendor then replied with a polite thank you.

Well.....the product must be coming from Outer Mongolia, because it still has not arrived 🤣

My wife used to order from Target on a regular basis. Then her bank account got compromised twice in one year using them so we've avoided them ever since. I'm sure that's not the norm but not taking the chance either.
Wow.....that really sucks. I use PayPal whenever possible, to hopefully avoid those kind of situations.

If you use your Amazon card you’ll notice points on it. Those are there because of this. When you notice a June delivery, that’s more because suppliers are out and running so far behind. It’s not so much that amazon is sitting around on their butts. Amazon quite honestly is between a rock and a hard place. They rely on suppliers that may or may not have their stock being shipped on time. I do know that certain things are prioritized then other things are done. Also, they are terribly short staffed between workers not coming in and the massive increase in volume. They’ve hired what 150,000 people the last month and a half.

I’ve had pretty good luck though. I mean things I’ve paid attention to have come well before the estimated date. But, it’s not just Amazon. Everywhere I order from has been slower than dirt as they redo procedures and such.
I get spoiled by Amazon delivery times when I order something from other companies, like LLBean or LandsEnd......OMG! It takes forever & a day for some companies to get their products delivered.

Wow.....that really sucks. I use PayPal whenever possible, to hopefully avoid those kind of situations.
The first time we learned a real lesson. We were on vacation out of state and had a substantial sum of money come up missing. Called the bank and they did their thing but cancelling the card meant we had to wing it for a week. After that we opened another internet only account and transfer money for purchases. The problem with that plan got exposed when it happened again later that year...that's how we determined it was target. She had ordered from target and used her regular card. Both times the money went to Brazil.

Fed ex came through...my speakers were delivered today making a liar out of me. I retract my previous hate on FedEx....for now. I ordered those Saturday evening on ebay and made it here on Tuesday.

i ordered a grill from Amazon last Wednesday...they said it probably would be 7-10 days...it showed up on Saturday...

the cover and chimney starter have not arrived yet though :shrug:

i ordered a grill from Amazon last Wednesday...they said it probably would be 7-10 days...it showed up on Saturday...

the cover and chimney starter have not arrived yet though :shrug:
What grill did you get?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom