Amazon delivery times (1 Viewer)

0rion

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
We have prime but it's really hit or miss when things get delivered. I get it that there's alot going on but to my knowledge I haven't seen anywhere Amazon is saying they'll refund prime fees....has anyone else seen anything on that? I was going to order a gaiter today because I wear one hunting and am more comfortable in that than a mask. Every one I liked had a mid June delivery date.

While I'm on the delivery subject I'm gonna rant a second on Fed ex. By far the worst of all delivery options for us. I hate seeing something I ordered shipped fed ex. I have truck speakers coming. When I ordered it had a Thursday delivery date.....it's sat in Columbus for 2 days now with tracking saying "package not due for delivery". So because it had a Thursday date they're gonna let it sit in a warehouse until then.

Right now, EVERYTHING delivery related is messed up. USPS packages that I normally get in a couple days are disappearing for a week in the system. Fedex had a package go to Memphis (part of the usual route they take to get to me), but then went to New Jersey for a day (total opposite direction). UPS hasn't been too bad, although I've only got one package through them recently.

We have prime but it's really hit or miss when things get delivered. I get it that there's alot going on but to my knowledge I haven't seen anywhere Amazon is saying they'll refund prime fees....has anyone else seen anything on that? I was going to order a gaiter today because I wear one hunting and am more comfortable in that than a mask. Every one I liked had a mid June delivery date.

While I'm on the delivery subject I'm gonna rant a second on Fed ex. By far the worst of all delivery options for us. I hate seeing something I ordered shipped fed ex. I have truck speakers coming. When I ordered it had a Thursday delivery date.....it's sat in Columbus for 2 days now with tracking saying "package not due for delivery". So because it had a Thursday date they're gonna let it sit in a warehouse until then.
hey brah. i worked for fedex just short of 5 years and let me say, yep. you are right.

Amazon has said that they are giving essential items higher priority, and everything else will be delayed.

However, it seems to me that they are still busting their behinds to get everything delivered. Amazon may say something will be delivered in a couple of weeks & then it shows up on our porch, in a couple of days.

You have a good point about the refund for Prime......??????!!!! I sure don’t want Bezos to starve, but it would be good PR to issue refunds.

Just like the auto insurance companies issuing refunds, because folks are not driving......hope my company does the same.

One of my great desires was to have a fedex and UPS driver come into my businesses parking lot at the same time and an impromptu kung fu fight break out between them
Why not add a DHL and USPS driver and have a royal rumble?

I've really been trying to get everything delivered that I can because I don't want to be in the stores right now. I'm not really upset with the delays...well...except for maybe the Fed ex one because we've had terrible experiences with them even before this. I would think any type of mask would not fall into that delayed category though so was surprised with the month and a half delivery date.

I have the least problems with the USPS, except when it's a Sunday delivery because the carrier that day is trying to get off as soon as they come on. They will put the package in the parcel locker (I love in an apartment complex), but instead of putting the locker key in my mailbox to retrieve, they just stick the key in my box lock so anyone could take it. It's at the point that if I see something is set for a Sunday delivery, I'd just wait until time elapse and it becomes a Monday delivery.

If the Prime membership didn't come with the perk of Prime Video, I'd question their delivery promise and a refund more. I'll cut them slack because of the pandemic. As mentioned above, I've ordered things that was promised a couple of weeks out and it came in about three days later. i look at it like curbside delivery now, it used to be same day order and pick up. Now we plan out in advance to allow for delay due to the pandemic situation.

I have the least problems with the USPS, except when it's a Sunday delivery because the carrier that day is trying to get off as soon as they come on. They will put the package in the parcel locker (I love in an apartment complex), but instead of putting the locker key in my mailbox to retrieve, they just stick the key in my box lock so anyone could take it. It's at the point that if I see something is set for a Sunday delivery, I'd just wait until time elapse and it becomes a Monday delivery.
We’ve all loved in an apartment complex at one time or another

If you use your Amazon card you’ll notice points on it. Those are there because of this. When you notice a June delivery, that’s more because suppliers are out and running so far behind. It’s not so much that amazon is sitting around on their butts. Amazon quite honestly is between a rock and a hard place. They rely on suppliers that may or may not have their stock being shipped on time. I do know that certain things are prioritized then other things are done. Also, they are terribly short staffed between workers not coming in and the massive increase in volume. They’ve hired what 150,000 people the last month and a half.

I’ve had pretty good luck though. I mean things I’ve paid attention to have come well before the estimated date. But, it’s not just Amazon. Everywhere I order from has been slower than dirt as they redo procedures and such.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom