Amazon gift card from client - would you accept it? (1 Viewer)

Would you take the gift card?

• Accept the gift card

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Don't accept the gift card

Votes: 15 62.5%

• Total voters
This sounds like way more trouble than the $50 could possibly be worth.

Send your best contact there a screenshot of the email, saying that while you appreciate the gesture, your bigger concern was making sure they hadn't been breached.

Whatever happens from there will probably work.

It definitely wasn't a breach. But yeah, ultimately, I never had any intention of accepting it, for the reason you laid out. It's $50 against a good, low maintenance client who has already added work beyond our initial project. Never in doubt for me, but a buddy I brought it up to (in the same industry) said I was paranoid. Talking $50 against a revenue stream with several more zeroes than that. Obvious pass.

I didn't bring it up to my point of contact, because I doubt anyone cares either way. It's a California tech company that probably spends the same amount per day on catered lunches and the barista in their lobby that the entire gift card spend cost. Basically just marked the email read and moved on.

Is the barista female and cute?

I think it’s an easy out to just ask. Say hey I think I may have gotten this in error and I want to make sure you guys are not paying for something that you didn’t intend to send. Do you want me to forward it to you or can you advise me what I should do?”

my guess is even if it was an error they are going to tell you to enjoy it.

Poll options should be:
1. Turn down the gift
2. Call HR and find out company policy for returning the gift

we aren't allowed to accept anything from our clients our clients. i can spend up to $250 taking them out for a meal though.

FYI - Before I even posted this I already knew what I was doing (not accepting it) and it seemed fairly obvious to me that it was the right move. But a disagreement with a friend over it made me curious what others thought.

To me it seems incredibly obvious you don't take it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom