Amazon is early leader for new Sunday Ticket rights package (Update: now Apple?) (1 Viewer)

Glad you got it that way, no sir I had to do the two. I’m gonna cancel and pay the fee after the season. 😊 Only time it will ever be on is for the ticket, wife and I watch the streaming services for our regular TV.
If it's still true, DTV charges $20 per month of remaining time on the 2 year contract if you cancel early. If you cancel after the season, you'll have about 17 or 18 months left on the contract. If the fee structure is still true, you'll be charged $340-$360. So basically you're paying $340-$360 for the Sunday Ticket Max.

I'm still waiting on the email offering it for free. If that email doesn't come, then this will be 1st year without Sunday Ticket since 1998. I do have to call and ask them to remove the auto-renew of it from our account though.

I’m reading a lot of distain for Directv…

Personally, I feel like they should be treated like Coach Payton… and despite the issues, appreciated for what they did.

I remember getting out of the military in the early 90s and moving to Cali. I bought a Directv system for $899 (maxed out a credit card) and I could catch all the Saints games. No more going to sports bars and praying that they would A) have the game on and B) not turn the game to a different game at half time.

I remembered looking at the schedule and hoping they were playing a team that others wanted to watch… if the Saints were playing the Giants, I’d call the sports bar and tell them I had 20 friends coming to watch the Giants game… 😂🤣😂

If it's still true, DTV charges $20 per month of remaining time on the 2 year contract if you cancel early. If you cancel after the season, you'll have about 17 or 18 months left on the contract. If the fee structure is still true, you'll be charged $340-$360. So basically you're paying $340-$360 for the Sunday Ticket Max.

I'm still waiting on the email offering it for free. If that email doesn't come, then this will be 1st year without Sunday Ticket since 1998. I do have to call and ask them to remove the auto-renew of it from our account though.
Yea there is the fee. Maybe I’ll just keep it till the contract is up. I had DTV and the ticket every year for many years. Games just became so easy to stream, so I cut the cord years ago. For me, this is all Merl’s fault. 😂

I used to get it free too, (as an already paid customer) and hope you’re able to as well. I’m confident that if you call they’ll offer for free, it always worked for me in the past. Or heavily reduced elsewhere to offset.

Glad you got it that way, no sir I had to do the two. I’m gonna cancel and pay the fee after the season. 😊 Only time it will ever be on is for the ticket, wife and I watch the streaming services for our regular TV.
Gotcha...you will like having the ticket. With DTV I would record the game and start it a hour and a half later and skip the commercials and halftime show it made it real nice to watch it that way. Then I would re watch the wins and delete the losses😆. I use streaming services and really haven't missed DTV at all.

So I don't have DTV and I just checked the streaming availability for the Sunday Ticket - and the site says they have expanded their availability. I put in my address and I'm good to go. I have a single-family house (they used to require you to be in a residential building of some kind).

So if you're interested but have been unavailable in the past, try again.

supposedly apple dropped out now looks like it is between amazon or google

According to author Dylan Byers, Apple recently said no to the NFL “not because they can’t afford [the package], but because they don’t see the logic.”

With Disney reportedly bowing out of the negations as well, the talks have become a two-horse race between Amazon and Google. “Amazon can use [the deal] to drive Prime subscriptions; Google can use it to fuel its YouTube TV business,” adds Byers. Of the two suitors, Amazon is probably the best fit given that Prime Video is the exclusive home of Thursday Night Football for the next decade.

supposedly apple dropped out now looks like it is between amazon or google

According to author Dylan Byers, Apple recently said no to the NFL “not because they can’t afford [the package], but because they don’t see the logic.”

With Disney reportedly bowing out of the negations as well, the talks have become a two-horse race between Amazon and Google. “Amazon can use [the deal] to drive Prime subscriptions; Google can use it to fuel its YouTube TV business,” adds Byers. Of the two suitors, Amazon is probably the best fit given that Prime Video is the exclusive home of Thursday Night Football for the next decade.
Amazon is probably the easiest and more well known service to get to.

I would be shocked if the NFL gets much more than what DTV has been paying. Amazon is paying $1B a year for TNF and viewership is down significantly. Not sure if moving to a streaming service is the right way to go. The reason DTV works so well is you can flip between games easily to keep up with what is going on. With streaming that becomes a much bigger challenge. I wish the NFL would just give it to everyone and let customers decided what service they want to access it on.

1671335709408.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom