Amazon is early leader for new Sunday Ticket rights package (Update: now Apple?) (1 Viewer)

Yeah, most defintitely. Disney will do something similar with ESPN+ too though probably not as steep as what Prime will do.

Im just hoping that Apple doesn't get it. Of all the companies bidding, Apple will make subscribers jump through the most hoops to watch a game.
Disney is basically a bid from ABC/ESPN. That wouldn't be innovative at all. I doubt Amazon would just give to prime members without an extra fee.

Yeah, most defintitely. Disney will do something similar with ESPN+ too though probably not as steep as what Prime will do.

Im just hoping that Apple doesn't get it. Of all the companies bidding, Apple will make subscribers jump through the most hoops to watch a game.
What hoops do you imagine having to go through? Regardless of who gets it you’ll have to sign up for their service.

Disney is basically a bid from ABC/ESPN. That wouldn't be innovative at all. I doubt Amazon would just give to prime members without an extra fee.
Yea they aren’t bidding to give it away. But they already have me for the shipping. So if they seek both separately plus a discount to buy the whole deal, that would give it more value for those of us who already have their footprints on everything. ESPN+ is a hot garbage service. I would have zero faith that Disney does any of it right.

What hoops do you imagine having to go through? Regardless of who gets it you’ll have to sign up for their service.
Of course. But ESPN+, Amazon Prime, Etc. Are truly universal. The apps for their streaming can be had on any internet capable device to which you can download app. Apple is definitely not the same. I'm not trying to make this an Apple versus android debate, but Apple folks are used to doing things Android folks don't have to do.

For example, I have Xfinity. Disney+, Prime, peacock. ESPN+, Hulu, Paramount, etc., etc. Through Xfinity I can access all my streaming content in a couple words or pressing a couple buttons. To get to AppleTV I have to change tv input, find and select the app. I can't switch between tv and my phone with AppleTV either. If Apple wins the contract, it will be as convenient as Directv was, which is to say...it wasn't. Id pass on it again.

I like my technology to work for me, not the other way around. Apple seems to think I should find a way to use it versus it finding a way for me to use them. Pass.

Of course. But ESPN+, Amazon Prime, Etc. Are truly universal. The apps for their streaming can be had on any internet capable device to which you can download app. Apple is definitely not the same. I'm not trying to make this an Apple versus android debate, but Apple folks are used to doing things Android folks don't have to do.

For example, I have Xfinity. Disney+, Prime, peacock. ESPN+, Hulu, Paramount, etc., etc. Through Xfinity I can access all my streaming content in a couple words or pressing a couple buttons. To get to AppleTV I have to change tv input, find and select the app. I can't switch between tv and my phone with AppleTV either. If Apple wins the contract, it will be as convenient as Directv was, which is to say...it wasn't. Id pass on it again.

I like my technology to work for me, not the other way around. Apple seems to think I should find a way to use it versus it finding a way for me to use them. Pass.
I have an AppleTV app on my Samsung TV. I just looked it up and I can get Apple TV on my Roku and FireTV as well, which I have on my other TVs in the house. Just having to change the input to a streaming device like ROKU or FireTV, or even Apple TV should not be considered a hindrance.

Agree 100% sad thing is kids are afraid to deviate from Apple because it's all they know. I tried to show my daughter that my new Samsung phone is miles better on specs than her iPhone and I paid half the price for it.
I have used Android, mostly Samsung, for my work phone for many years. I have used Apple for my personal device for years. It is long past time that the old, worn out argument about which is better to be laid to rest. I understand others don't have the same opinion about both that I do, so I tend not to judge or belittle people for their choices.

I have an AppleTV app on my Samsung TV. I just looked it up and I can get Apple TV on my Roku and FireTV as well, which I have on my other TVs in the house. Just having to change the input to a streaming device like ROKU or FireTV, or even Apple TV should not be considered a hindrance.

I didn't say that. It's not a hindrance, it's an annoyance. Much the same way DirecTV is an annoyance now. Do you, but I prefer my tech to cater to me and my schedule not the other way around. Me not having to do these extra steps makes Amazon and Disney more enticing to me. If I'm going to pay for it, make it easy to use. Amazon and Disney both get that.

I have used Android, mostly Samsung, for my work phone for many years. I have used Apple for my personal device for years. It is long past time that the old, worn out argument about which is better to be laid to rest. I understand others don't have the same opinion about both that I do, so I tend not to judge or belittle people for their choices.
Well when it comes to my kids, I pay the bills so I can give them any opinion I want on the matter lol. If you scroll down further you will see that I said as much as what you are saying.

I didn't say that. It's not a hindrance, it's an annoyance. Much the same way DirecTV is an annoyance now. Do you, but I prefer my tech to cater to me and my schedule not the other way around. Me not having to do these extra steps makes Amazon and Disney more enticing to me. If I'm going to pay for it, make it easy to use. Amazon and Disney both get that.

I get what you're saying, but you don't need a separate Apple TV set-top-box anymore, so no switching inputs. You can download an Apple TV app to a compatible smart TV and/or streaming device, like Roku or Firestick. At present it seems it would require launching the Apple TV app, find the Sunday Ticket app and launching it as well. Apple has taken the small, hardware-based set-top-box and digitized it into a downloadable app. You may be able to download it on Xfinity as well.

I get what you're saying, but you don't need a separate Apple TV set-top-box anymore, so no switching inputs. You can download an Apple TV app to a compatible smart TV and/or streaming device, like Roku or Firestick. At present it seems it would require launching the Apple TV app, find the Sunday Ticket app and launching it as well. Apple has taken the small, hardware-based set-top-box and digitized it into a downloadable app. You may be able to download it on Xfinity as well.

All the streaming services have an app. AppleTV isn't available in Xfinity and it ain't available on android phones. ALL the other streaming apps are available on both. ALL OF THEM. In 2022, that type of decision, and it's a decision Apple is making, tells me that Apple wants me as a customer on their terms.

I don't care how easy it is for me to do the extra steps, other companies are saying you shouldn't have to do those extra steps. If I'm picking between the company that is trying to fit into my life and the one that isn't, it's an easy decision, I'm hoping Apple doesn't get it.

2 restaurants with comparable hamburgers. One place makes the burger the way I like it while the other place says if you don't want lettuce you have to take it off yourself. Sure I could do it, but if I have a choice ahead of time.

So Xfinity has all of those other services inside of their user interface? I feel like that is an unusual setup for most people to have cable TV and access the various streaming apps through the cable platform (I may be wrong because I haven’t had cable/satellite in quite some time). I just have all my streaming apps on my streaming device/smart TV. And since it appears the Apple TV app has become pretty ubiquitous across devices, the hold up would probably be in Xfinity’s end. I don’t have a dog in this fight, just didn’t understand why Apple was considered less accessible than say Amazon Prime.

So Xfinity has all of those other services inside of their user interface? I feel like that is an unusual setup for most people to have cable TV and access the various streaming apps through the cable platform (I may be wrong because I haven’t had cable/satellite in quite some time). I just have all my streaming apps on my streaming device/smart TV. And since it appears the Apple TV app has become pretty ubiquitous across devices, the hold up would probably be in Xfinity’s end. I don’t have a dog in this fight, just didn’t understand why Apple was considered less accessible than say Amazon Prime.

I'm talking about me specifically. And it's just Apple. All the others are available in the Xfinity interface. All the others are available in the Android store. It's Apple.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom