Amazon is early leader for new Sunday Ticket rights package (Update: now Apple?) (1 Viewer)

Football is the only thing making it difficult for me to completely cut the chord. I’ve always thought it was stupid that Sunday Ticket was tied to a specific satellite company. Moving to a streaming service is a 10/10 choice, but I really wish it wasn’t to Jeff’s trillion dollar no taxes butt.

I got an email from DTV a few weeks ago saying I‘m getting ST Max for free. Yay! My main concern for being digital-only is the ease-of-use. Right now I can click the channel up/down buttons to change games. I know Spectrum contains an app you can download to Roku, FireTV, Smart TV etc, and you’ll see a programming guide. I hope the Amazon Prime contains something like this to easily change games.

Even the current DTV Sunday Ticket streaming app has a great interface. Easy to change games and you can create your own 4 box screen with the games of your choosing. Streaming is awesome.

I wonder if this means we would get all games in 4K. That would be worth paying for.
Hopefully soon since this won't require upgrades to all the broadcast TV stations. BUT...probably limited to upscaling for now as the cameras and production trucks covering sports are not yet using 4k equipment.

It’ll still be alive in the rural parts of the country. I was in Harrisburg for a day on my way to Gulf Shores for the evacuation and the cell/Internet connection is so terrible out there.
As for everyone else, cable is already dead for anyone under 40.
Starlink takes care of that.

Even the current DTV Sunday Ticket streaming app has a great interface. Easy to change games and you can create your own 4 box screen with the games of your choosing. Streaming is awesome.

Hopefully soon since this won't require upgrades to all the broadcast TV stations. BUT...probably limited to upscaling for now as the cameras and production trucks covering sports are not yet using 4k equipment.
Hopefully, with the advent of NextGen TV, the broadcasters will expedite the use of 4K cameras to help promote the new OTA standard to broadcast 4K games OTA.

I'm using my daughter's .edu Sunday Ticket this year but since I need to spend a few hundred to pick up the new OTA channels in my location, I'm doing YouTube TV to get the Local feeds since about half of Saints games are televised in Falcons territory which of course kills the Sunday Ticket feed.

I have Amazon Prime but I hope they don't increase the price of the entire package just for Sunday Ticket. Hopefully just an additional fee to subscribe on a yearly basis. Or even better, a pay-per-view option so that I don't have to pay for a New England/Miami game that I don't want to watch.

Hopefully, with the advent of NextGen TV, the broadcasters will expedite the use of 4K cameras to help promote the new OTA standard to broadcast 4K games OTA.

I'm using my daughter's .edu Sunday Ticket this year but since I need to spend a few hundred to pick up the new OTA channels in my location, I'm doing YouTube TV to get the Local feeds since about half of Saints games are televised in Falcons territory which of course kills the Sunday Ticket feed.
More than likely it will be exactly like the NBA and MLB packages on Prime video right now.

What would help if different mediums offered the Sunday Tix, simultaneously, so they can really compete and the price drops. As it is, they keeping the product intact and not split, making the only bidding is for sole rights. No beuno.

If anyone is thinking of cutting the cord, I highly recommend Antenna Man on YT. He's an installer of OTA antennas and has lots of advice and reviews on antenna, signal boosters, etc. His biggest tip...no such thing as an HD antenna, just a tag word used by sellers for search purposes.

I am not going to pay .01 to watch any game on TV. The commercials pay for the advertising time that gets sent out on regular TV. Why do I need to pay to watch a game then turn around and still be hit with the commercials? Not going to happen for me. I am good with my Fantasy Football and gambling sites to get all of what I need.

As far as the Saints go. If they are not on a local channel for me to watch I could not care less. Or for any team, for that matter. I only truly care to watch the Saints if it is free on a local channel.

It's so easy and reliable to get games for free these days, only disadvantage is inability to record.

I am not going to pay .01 to watch any game on TV. The commercials pay for the advertising time that gets sent out on regular TV. Why do I need to pay to watch a game then turn around and still be hit with the commercials? Not going to happen for me. I am good with my Fantasy Football and gambling sites to get all of what I need.

As far as the Saints go. If they are not on a local channel for me to watch I could not care less. Or for any team, for that matter. I only truly care to watch the Saints if it is free on a local channel.
If I have to pay $100 a month more for prime or even $200 more a month to get access to the Saints that is fine by me. Particularly if I can ever get starlink so I can finally dump DirecTv. Right now, I have to have directv for my internet with ATT to not have very small data caps.

The second starlink hits, I can get rid of $200/month of garbage just to get really slow unlimited internet.

It's so easy and reliable to get games for free these days, only disadvantage is inability to record.
I have an OTA DVR with a portable HDD. It holds more than either of the Dish/DTV DVRs do. And it gives me a Guide so that I can set up the recording in advance.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom