Amazon Prime Day - Update for 2020, Oct 13, 14. (1 Viewer)

bigdaddysaints

BigDaddy Has Arrived
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Anyone getting a bunch of stuff they don't need for cheap?
I picked up 2 FireSticks for $15 each yesterday, and today they had Firestick w/Echo Dot for $12, so I picked up that, I would have gotten more, but it only let me get one.
I don't need any more Firesticks, but for that price I can program them and sell them for $60 each easily. Plus I get a free Echo Dot out of the deal....
They also had 4K firesticks for $25.

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
made the alexa, echo plunge. 4 dots and 2 echo 5's. <$200. Not bad. Now I just hope I can figure out the drop in / intercom dealio.
Not that hard when they're all yours.

Just name each one something easier to distinguish.. a kid's name, a room name, etc. "Alexa, call living room" and it connects.

The 'drop in' feature, I can do from my phone. I do that when my daughter doesn't answer her phone.

Oye

carry all the groceries in in one trip
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
the Canadian amazon site had really good deals on things we were looking for - a new stand mixer (329 regular 649) and a food sealer machine (240 for 150). So far, that's it

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I am thinking that would be one of the most useless products ever.

Having said that, I am going to look for an opportunity to call someone a dip clip tomorrow. It sounds like an insult even if it isn't

as for Prime Day, I doubt seriously I will see PS5 or the new Ipad on there so I am not likely to buy much. I think Amazon already kind of had Prime day when the stimulus checks hit the mail. Maybe not the bargains but total sales I am sure.

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Having said that, I am going to look for an opportunity to call someone a dip clip tomorrow. It sounds like an insult even if it isn't

as for Prime Day, I doubt seriously I will see PS5 or the new Ipad on there so I am not likely to buy much. I think Amazon already kind of had Prime day when the stimulus checks hit the mail. Maybe not the bargains but total sales I am sure.
Yeah, nothing new on mark down. This is an early holiday shopping clearance.

I'm not really in the market for anything, but I keep my eyes open for good deals on things I may want.

nolastyle

The Future Has Arrived
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'll be on the lookout for a PS5 bundle since preorders are so hard to come by.

buzd

party lamp
Staff member
Tech-Admin
Reaction score

I need a new Fire cube since mine crapped out.

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I need a new Fire cube since mine crapped out.
i was going to get one of those but since I upgraded to a nighthawk I figured out the fire sticks function well enough. Other than better hardware, what other advantage do you get.

also, I know this is your area so you probably already know but I recently thought one of my fire sticks had crapped up but it was just an update issue.

buzd

party lamp
Staff member
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
i was going to get one of those but since I upgraded to a nighthawk I figured out the fire sticks function well enough. Other than better hardware, what other advantage do you get.

also, I know this is your area so you probably already know but I recently thought one of my fire sticks had crapped up but it was just an update issue.
it’s just better hardware (and probably more storage). I know mine was bad - the LAN port stopped responding.

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
it’s just better hardware (and probably more storage). I know mine was bad - the LAN port stopped responding.
i still am interested in the Nvidia shield to see what the gaming is all about. But I don’t Kodi anymore or even know if it’s still a thing. I just have enough paid streaming and I get tired of all the the leap frogging. Reminds me of when I used to buy radar detectors and then they would improve radar. But when I buy a house I want to put a really good media server together and I don’t mind paying a few hundred to know I have good hardware. I will definitely be checking prime for things like that. But I’m trying to limit spontaneous purchases. I did too much of that in early Covid and I’m not any happier for it. Good Ol hedonic treadmill working.

buzd

party lamp
Staff member
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
i still am interested in the Nvidia shield to see what the gaming is all about. But I don’t Kodi anymore or even know if it’s still a thing. I just have enough paid streaming and I get tired of all the the leap frogging. Reminds me of when I used to buy radar detectors and then they would improve radar. But when I buy a house I want to put a really good media server together and I don’t mind paying a few hundred to know I have good hardware. I will definitely be checking prime for things like that. But I’m trying to limit spontaneous purchases. I did too much of that in early Covid and I’m not any happier for it. Good Ol hedonic treadmill working.
I don’t need to game on a TV streaming device. And I agree about Kodi.

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
I'll be on the lookout for a PS5 bundle since preorders are so hard to come by.
That's not how Prime Day and Black Friday work.

The PS4 is exactly how it works so if you are in need of a new PS4 bundle, this may be your chance.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom