Amazon Prime Day - Update for 2020, Oct 13, 14. (1 Viewer)

Kinda proud of myself. I made it through Prime Day without spending a dime.. :D

Checked prime deals on Amazon.ca. Nothing sticks out.

I managed to find stuff to buy - but stuff I'd been looking for

Sony Wireless Bluetooth Headphones for work (so I can keep my nice Bose ones at home)
Oral-B Electric Toothbrush (ours died a couple of weeks ago)
A bunch of winter running gear - compression tights, tops and bottoms
A bunch of Amazon wires/adapters for all the devices we have in this damn house
a wire shelving unit for the basement

I'd made a list ahead of time - if something was a Prime Day deal and on the list, I got it. But I didn't shop/browse just to buy something.

I ended up saving just over 250 bucks on stuff I was going to get anyway, so I was good with that

But my shopping philosophy for Prime definitely changed over the years.

I got an Fire HD 8 tablet for 30 bucks but that’s it for me this year.

I was told that come winter, if I didn’t run with a base layer... I would regret it.

I have the under armour under layer product. I like it but it’s only good to the thirties (F) for me. And that’s a stretch.

I cancelled my Prime membership two years ago and haven't noticed anything different in my life except I have more money in my account every month.

I recently saw a program that talked about all the counterfeit, 3rd party crap that gets sold on Amazon.

I didnt even realize Nike does not directly sell their products on Amazon, yet there are Nike products all over that website. There is no guarantee of any of it being legit.

Then there are massive issues with the review system, which also cannot be trusted.

I've stopped buying high priced items on that site without a thorough investigation first.

But dare I ask, how do you acquire your goods?
I take a daring trek...outside of the home. I brave the elements to the land of the old. Stores, the elders called them. They have all the goods found available by the Overlord. It's simple and outdated, I know. But I'm a simple man. I lead a simple life.

Btw should you chose to venture to the land of the old, please put a covering on your face. You'll be thankful for it later.

I take a daring trek...outside of the home. I brave the elements to the land of the old. Stores, the elders called them. They have all the goods found available by the Overlord. It's simple and outdated, I know. But I'm a simple man. I lead a simple life.

Btw should you chose to venture to the land of the old, please put a covering on your face. You'll be thankful for it later.

You can fit everything in your buggy? Your horse can pull it all?

You can fit everything in your buggy? Your horse can pull it all?
Not only does my buggy have plenty of space but also has the power of three hundred five horses...perhaps I'm not as simple of a man that I have led you to believe. My apologies.

I recently saw a program that talked about all the counterfeit, 3rd party crap that gets sold on Amazon.

I didnt even realize Nike does not directly sell their products on Amazon, yet there are Nike products all over that website. There is no guarantee of any of it being legit.

Then there are massive issues with the review system, which also cannot be trusted.

I've stopped buying high priced items on that site without a thorough investigation first.
Yep bought counterfeit Airpods last year from Amazon and made sure Amazon was the seller. Tried pairing them and they just wouldnt pair correctly, my son grabbed them and said these are too light, compared them to his and they were fake. Went online googled counterfeit Airpods and the box was legit though the Airpods weren't with no serial number.

Started investigating and basically the theory is that Amazon has their bucket of Apple products, in this case Airpods. Seller Bob who is using Amazon as his drop shipper sells Airpods, all Airpods go into the same bin and are not sorted by seller but as a product. So Baghdad Bob pulls one over on both Amazon and the consumer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom