America’s Most Dangerous Roads (1 Viewer)

Guess I’ll put this here

I forking hate roundabouts

There are some three lane roundabouts in DC that I’m amazed there aren’t accidents there everyday

And during rush hour you can wait for a loooong time before a tiny window opens up for you to go
=============
…..When Rodegerdts started, he counted about 300 roundabouts nationwide. Just 25 years later, he counts about 9,000.

And that doesn’t include 160-plus rotaries or 700-plus traffic-calming circles (which are very different from roundabouts).

Compared with the hundreds of thousands of normal intersections peppering the American landscape, ruled by stop signs and traffic lights, roundabouts are rare beasts. But unlike the drivers they frequently confuse and bedevil, roundabouts are coming on fast…….

They just added roundabouts here and the confusion is everywhere, This is a population that struggled mightily with 4-way stop signs, now roundabouts?

They just added roundabouts here and the confusion is everywhere, This is a population that struggled mightily with 4-way stop signs, now roundabouts?

Imagine them in the Dallas metroplex. They're popping up all over the place here as a result of the people and subsequent traffic boom, and it's Mad Max out here.

Strange I 80 in Wyoming didn’t make the list. It’s scary in the summer and damn near impossible in the winter

Yes, we have one in Baldwin County. I feel like it does a great job keeping traffic moving. The state had a diverging diamond educational campaign before opening it.
Not opposed to them, but when I first encountered one in Colorado a couple of years ago, it took me an extra second or two to process.

If people would use them correctly They do make traffic flow better than traffic lights. I travel through one on the
way to work and back home. The biggest problem I see is 90% of the drivers see it as an excuse not to use turn signals.

I have also driven the causeway but never in bad weather. There is no way in hell I'd do it in fog or any kind of wintry weather

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom