America’s Most Miserable Sports Cities (1 Viewer)

Boondock Saint

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
This was on the front page of yahoo.

America’s Most Miserable Sports Cities

By Tom Van Riper and Andrew Farrell, Forbes.com Apr 10, 6:22 am EDT

Buzz Up
Print

Wait ‘til next year.

That sports mantra was first made famous a generation ago by fans of the Brooklyn Dodgers, a powerful baseball team that nonetheless lost five of six World Series matchups to rival New York Yankees between 1947 and 1956.

With each excruciating loss, the tortured Brooklyn faithful immediately turned their attention to the next spring, when, they figured, a championship season would at last hatch. One finally did, when “next year” arrived in 1955. But that was just a respite. Dodger fans had their hearts broken again the next year by a seven-game Series loss to the Yankees. After just one more season came the ultimate heartbreak: The team left Brooklyn for the sunshine of southern California.

Rest of story
America's Most Miserable Sports Cities - Yahoo! Sports

The only way I'd consider a city to be a miserable sports city is if they had none.

atlanta is the most miserable city in america regardless of sports.

I agree with this statement..

I've been to Atlanta a few times, Ah yes ATL the city with No Building code lol, it's like those people are trapped in a time capsule when they had the Olympics in 96 which was one of the worst Olympics in history other than the one where the Athletes got Killed overseas.
they don't support their sports teams all that much unless they are winning and their's really nothing to do out there despite all you hear about in music video's and TV shows, all they have is Coke Museum, Aquarium, and CNN center good luck getting around as well, transportation sucks there and everything is too wide spreaded out, it's like they tried to make the city bigger than what it should have been and just had Commercial buildings build anywhere they wanted.

I thought they were referring to fan support.. if that were the case the general consensus is:

1. Miami (I don't know how they keep any team with their support)
2. Atlanta (Sad sports town)
3. San Diego ( already lost one team, now on Superbowl boycott because they won't build a new stadium)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom