American Horror Story: Coven (Season 3) (1 Viewer)

curious to watch this tonight. Not much of a coven left. I guess they will have to play up Fiona's daughter who seemed like she was going to be important in Episode 1 but has had almost no role. :shrug:

Just saw the series got renewed for a 4th season

That said, I really feel like the writing has gone down hill. Maybe it's bc I'm from here, but there is an exceeding amount of exposition (crazily inaccurate at that), everyone lives in the ninth ward, and Fleetwood Mac is basically the entire soundtrack.

Well, for some reason I keep wanting to watch this more. I think this year is the worst of the series. 1 and 2 were really good. The zombies might be what's throwing me off.

I really liked the first season. This season is OK so far. I tried to catch up with the second season but quit after 3 episodes. It just wasn't good.

i'm catching up on the series. frostop cameo makes me want root beer.

So who is your bet on for supreme?

I think somehow the axeman killing Fionna and sacrificing himself makes her immortal and still the supreme.

I read somewhere early in the season, and it was on imdb for the longest but has since been removed, that Glenn Close was going to appear in the season finale. So, I'm going with the idea that the new Supreme doesn't have to be from that Coven.

I love the story of the Ax Man of New Orleans and was thrilled it was incorporated into Coven. At this point, I've lost track of who's died, come back, died again, come back again. Going to find out who is the supreme (I haven't ruled anyone in or out. Maybe Diana Ross? Hey, we had Stevie Nicks) and then go back and watch the DVR stack up. I enjoyed Asylum much better when I wasn't so confused.

Also, I hate Emma Roberts. Not her character. Her. Gee, wonder why she has an acting career?

ETA: Well, that was anticlimactic but at least we got some more Stevie Nicks.

The finale seemed rather straight forward, no curveballs or anything like that. However, I enjoyed the story, especially each of them having to go through their own personal Hell or whatever it was.

I haven't watched the series but my niece was an extra in the show (a witch) and had 2 on screen appearances. Pretty neat.

I enjoyed the finale in a no curveball kind of way as mentioned above. I do wish they would have emphasized each character's moments in hell more and had less time on some of the other scenes.

***spoiler****

Was Misty Day so evil that she belonged stuck in hell? It seems like the Roberts chic should have been the one to get stuck there if that was the case.

I loved Fiona's version of hell at the end. The axeman was one of my favorite characters this season, pretty cool dude.

I enjoyed the finale in a no curveball kind of way as mentioned above. I do wish they would have emphasized each character's moments in hell more and had less time on some of the other scenes.

***spoiler****

Was Misty Day so evil that she belonged stuck in hell? It seems like the Roberts chic should have been the one to get stuck there if that was the case.

I loved Fiona's version of hell at the end. The axeman was one of my favorite characters this season, pretty cool dude.

I think the point they were trying to make with Misty was that even though she was one of the good characters she was too simple-minded to be the supreme. She couldn't look past the fact that it was basically an illusion re-run of her worst day imaginable because it tormented her so much.

Also liked what they did with Fiona as well, the contract with the axeman also explained why she had no soul to bargain with Legba which was cool. Though I think Cordelia being the supreme is kind of a cop out in the end because the whole series seemed to focus on the development of these young women as witches and then it turns out Cordelia could have had it all under control ages ago if she wasn't so busy feeling sorry for herself. That said I've definitely seen worse endings to stories so I'm not too displeased with it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom