America's Game 2009 Saints (1 Viewer)

Brees 2 Colston

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Part of Superbowl week over here in the UK our sports channel show all the America's games! Today is our one from 09

I remember watching it first time round and now I watch it again, I still get more emotional when Hartley kicks the FG to beat the Vikes in Championship game than when we actually won the Superbowl!

Is that weird??

Part of Superbowl week over here in the UK our sports channel show all the America's games! Today is our one from 09

I remember watching it first time round and now I watch it again, I still get more emotional when Hartley kicks the FG to beat the Vikes in Championship game than when we actually won the Superbowl!

Is that weird??

Nah mate, perfectly normal. I watch it about once a month and still feel the same.

It's pretty decent that SKY have been showing a run down of all the America's game episodes over the past wee while.

Interesting is the quote they use from the miked Sean Payton after the Porter pick-six in the Super Bowl: (referring to Manning) "We know what we want to do now, we want him to throw it, and we want to hit him." Note the order of battle there.

In regular rotation on the NFL Network.

Fascinating, Captain.

I still get bigger goosebumps from the pick-six.

For me, finally winning it all was the culmination of a 43-year journey. I always believed that if you get to the Super Bowl, you HAVE to win it.

If we had lost, I don't think people would feel the same way about winning the NFCCG.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom