Americas Worst Sports Citys (1 Viewer)

Filaphill

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Enjoy. :smilielol::smilielol::smilielol:

InPicturesTheWorstCitiesToBeASports.jpg

http://www.forbes.com/2008/08/19/tickets-fans-miami-biz-sports-cx_tvr_0820badfans.html

I could swear the Bucs won a championship in 2002...nvm, It is only for last year...that is odd

Both the Bucs and the Lightning have won championships (Bucs 2002, Lightning 2004) and the Rays have the best team in Major League baseball right now... Though Tampa isn't a perennial championship city things could be oh so much worse there...

It's also wrong because there has clearly been more than 1 playoff appearance in the city.

1. Atlanta, Ga.
Teams: Falcons (NFL) Braves (MLB), Hawks (NBA), Thrashers (NHL) Flames (NHL)

Title round record: 1-5 (24th)

Semifinal round record: 6-9 (23rd)

Total seasons/early playoff-round exits (or baseball 2nd place): 142/41 (20th)

Total seasons/championships: 142/1 (25th)

Years since last title: 13 (14th)

Teams lost: 1 (Flames)

Atlanta sports teams have just one championship to show for 15 final-four appearances. Its hockey and basketball teams have, combined, two conference-finals appearances in 57 combined seasons

http://www.forbes.com/2008/04/08/sp...0408sportsmisery_slide_2.html?thisSpeed=30000

it's only fitting that one of the worst cities to be a sports fan has some of the worst sports fans. they will only root for the team that is winning. saw it with the bucs and the lightning and now the rays. tampa fans are a joke!!!!!!

I would go with Atlanta.

I would too. College sports and NASCAR are huge here. Not pro sports.

It was funny when I first moved here (from NY) Atlanta was touting itself as the #1 sports city because they had just had the Olympics, Super Bowl, NCAA championship and All Star games. Pretty pathetic.

The article blows. Who cares how much the tickets cost. Everything in NY Is twice as expensive there, that's just a fact. But it's a great sports town.

He's only using stats from last year.... that's why the bucs aren't showing up any titles.

The point the author is making is that for a median family income, some towns are really expensive and the fans aren't seeing immediate results.

This is a bad article. How can you write an article about worst sports cities for one year? Any team and its fans can suck for a year.

I am a bit bewildered by why the fans still don't support the Rays. I wouldn't blame that on the fans. More on the marketing.

of course new orleans is last in earnings per capita/ city. noone here reports all of their income, come on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom