Amik Robertson CB Louisiana Tech (1 Viewer)

OneSaintsFan

Want to Be in that Number
Reaction score
I figured he would be going first round but I don't see him in any of the mocks I came across. We can always use someone who has eyes in the back of his head.

For Corners this year you're looking at

S - Tier - Jeff Okudah - Ohio St. - best CB prospect since Jalen Ramsey, complete package, top 10 lock for sure could go as early as #3.

A - Tier -
Kristian Fulton - LSU - Texas, and Clemson games might hurt his stock a bit, but otherwise your proto-typical Press Man corner. (PI on his Int in the championship was BS should have been an INT)

CJ Henderson - Florida - super competitive, aggressive corner, that can RUN. Had a bit of a down year, but in 2018 only gave up a single touchdown.

Tre'von Diggs - Alabama - solid career at Alabama, has the size and one hand jam technique to be an effective press corner.

Mid to Late first rounders.

B - Tier
Bryce Hall - Virginia - would have been a sure fire top Corner in 2018, had an injury in 2019. A read & react Cover 3 zone corner fit for the teams that run that scheme. (SF, Seattle..etc.)

Jeff Gladney - TCU - bit of a smallish corner, but quick, smooth, with a fluid pedal in off coverage. Projects best as a Nickel.

AJ Terrell - Clemson - yeah he had a rough Championship game; Chase makes a lot of corners look bad, but otherwise steady season. He was at the catch point on a lot of those plays. Still projects late first early 2nd.

Late first, early Second guys.

C - Tier
Jaylon Johnson - Utah, Cameron Dantzler - Miss. St., Damon Arnette - Ohio St.

Those are most likely your Day 1, Day 2 guys...

I think Robertson right now is projecting to somewhere in 4th, 5th rounds. He's physical, but for being 5'9, 183 I think teams will view him as a pure Slot, Nickel corner. Combine should be pretty big for him.

Some mid round corners I actually like are Darnay Holmes, Lamar Jackson, and AJ Green.

Last edited:
For Corners this year you're looking at

S - Tier - Jeff Okudah - Ohio St. - best CB prospect since Jalen Ramsey, complete package, top 10 lock for sure could go as early as #3.

A - Tier -
Kristian Fulton - LSU - Texas, and Clemson games might hurt his stock a bit, but otherwise your proto-typical Press Man corner. (PI on his Int in the championship was BS should have been an INT)

CJ Henderson - Florida - super competitive, aggressive corner, that can RUN. Had a bit of a down year, but in 2018 only gave up a single touchdown.

Tre'von Diggs - Alabama - solid career at Alabama, has the size and one hand jam technique to be an effective press corner.

Mid to Late first rounders.

B - Tier
Bryce Hall - Virginia - would have been a sure fire top Corner in 2018, had an injury in 2019. A read & react Cover 3 zone corner fit for the teams that run that scheme. (SF, Seattle..etc.)

Jeff Gladney - TCU - bit of a smallish corner, but quick, smooth, with a fluid pedal in off coverage. Projects best as a Nickel.

AJ Terrell - Clemson - yeah he had a rough Championship game; Chase makes a lot of corners look bad, but otherwise steady season. He was at the catch point on a lot of those plays. Still projects late first early 2nd.

Late first, early Second guys.

C - Tier
Jaylon Johnson - Utah, Cameron Dantzler - Miss. St., Damon Arnette - Ohio St.

Those are most likely your Day 1, Day 2 guys...

I think Robertson right now is projecting to somewhere in 4th, 5th rounds. He's physical, but for being 5'8 I think teams will view him as a pure Slot, Nickel corner. Combine should be pretty big for him.

Some mid round corners I actually like are Darnay Holmes, Lamar Jackson, and AJ Green.

Since Amik skipped the bowl game and is skipping his senior season I'm going to bet he's been given a higher grade by the real professionals.

5'9" CBs don't get drafted in the first round, regardless of how good they are on the field. Amik is a beast, though.

Also, Fulton is ridiculous when it comes to turning and running right on a WRs hip and then getting his head around without losing a step. His technique is simply ridiculous. He is overshadowed by Greedy last season and Stingley this season, but teams avoided him more than both of those guys. He owns a 44.2% completion rate into his coverage with 15 PBU and 2 Ints even though he's avoided so much.

How about Amik Robertson with our second pick? I'd love to have him and I'm really digging the Honey Badger comparisons. He may not be Tyrann, but his skill is undeniable.

HIGHEST COVERAGE GRADE: AMIK ROBERTSON, CB, LOUISIANA TECH
Locking down receivers in his coverage, Robertson was the best cover corner in the nation in 2019. He was targeted 78 times this season, allowing just 41 receptions (52.6%) while forcing 19 incompletions himself. His 24.4% forced incompletion percentage ranked in the top 10 among qualified cornerbacks, and he finished the season by allowing a passer rating of just 53.6 on throws into his primary coverage.

Learning under lattimore and jenkins would be a great foundation to start.
Reis was short as well, one of the best in the league.

Learning under lattimore and jenkins would be a great foundation to start.
Reis was short as well, one of the best in the league.
He might not be an outside corner at the NFL level, but I'm not counting him out. Even if he's not, he's built just like Mathieu, who's not an outside corner either.

He might not be an outside corner at the NFL level, but I'm not counting him out. Even if he's not, he's built just like Mathieu, who's not an outside corner either.
My only thing is Where do you play him?

Chauncey Gardner-Johnson was graded out as one of the best Slot corners in the league last season.. as a Rookie; I don't really want to move him out of that spot.

I guess you could play him as a Split Field Safety alongside Marcus, and run Cover-2, and Cover-4 looks, with Malcolm Jenkins as a Hybrid Dime LB in a 3 Safety set.

That just seems like such a niche role, I like his gritteness, and zone instincts on tape but I really don't think he fits the proto type mold from a Height / Weight/ Length requirement that Allen / Ireland look for in their DBs.

History of DB Measurements Allen goes for
Crawley - 6'0 ft, 190 lbs, 30 1/2" arm length
Apple - 6'1 ft, 200 lbs, 31 3/8" arm length
Marcus Williams - 6'1 ft, 202 lbs, 32 1/2" arm length
PJ Williams - 6'0 ft, 196 lbs, 31" arm length.

You are going to have a heck of a time convincing Ireland, and subsequently Allen to take a DB shorter than 5'10, significantly under 200 lbs, with less than a 30 and a half arm length. He just doesn't fit their measurable proto-type.

My only thing is Where do you play him?

Chauncey Gardner-Johnson was graded out as one of the best Slot corners in the league last season.. as a Rookie; I don't really want to move him out of that spot.

I guess you could play him as a Split Field Safety alongside Marcus, and run Cover-2, and Cover-4 looks, with Malcolm Jenkins as a Hybrid Dime LB in a 3 Safety set.

That just seems like such a niche role, I like his gritteness, and zone instincts on tape but I really don't think he fits the proto type mold from a Height / Weight/ Length requirement that Allen / Ireland look for in their DBs.

History of DB Measurements Allen goes for
Crawley - 6'0 ft, 190 lbs, 30 1/2" arm length
Apple - 6'1 ft, 200 lbs, 31 3/8" arm length
Marcus Williams - 6'1 ft, 202 lbs, 32 1/2" arm length
PJ Williams - 6'0 ft, 196 lbs, 31" arm length.

You are going to have a heck of a time convincing Ireland, and subsequently Allen to take a DB shorter than 5'10, significantly under 200 lbs, with less than a 30 and a half arm length. He just doesn't fit their measurable proto-type.
When Jenkins retires, CJ can be the SS and Amik the Slot. Would be like having a better Vonn Bell at SS and a potential Mathieu type in the slot.

When Jenkins retires, CJ can be the SS and Amik the Slot. Would be like having a better Vonn Bell at SS and a potential Mathieu type in the slot.
So would Amik just be the 4th or 5th Dime Corner, with special teams role for 2 seasons or so?

I don't mind wouldn't be a bad pick, especially if you can convince Allen to switch to more of a Zone heavy scheme.

It's just you are going to have to convince Ireland/Allen to go strictly off the tape, and ignore their strict Proto-type size, length requirement for DBs they've maintained during this regime.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom