ammo shortage (1 Viewer)

Does anyone know a place to go and offer a trade for a Sig M400? I have one that has been completely detailed and a couple accessories added that I'd be willing to trade.

Yeah I know I can sell it, but I am not sure if that is what I want to do. Easier for me to find someone that is interested but also has some guns for trade. I'm thinking it would be easier for me to get value that way. I want something in a larger caliber like a .308 or something.

only real "gun folks" should be allowed to own guns anyway

No. Any non-felon who does not have mental problems has that right but it just seems insane to scare a bunch of folks int thinking its now or never to go out and buy a 1700 gun. Those things were sitting untouched on store shelves but thanks to their actions, every Tim, Dick and Harry now have assault riffles. There's not one to be had.

Friend of mine tried to sell me an AR-15 the other day for $1100 bucks. The gun was stock and I thought he was really high on the price since I can get a new one for less. Told my neighbor about it and he walked over to my house cash in hand. Yesterday he drove to the gun show in Natchez and sold it in the parking lot before he even got inside for $3k. Felt like an idiot when he told me.
This is disturbing on many levels.

Yeah I know I can sell it, but I am not sure if that is what I want to do. Easier for me to find someone that is interested but also has some guns for trade. I'm thinking it would be easier for me to get value that way. I want something in a larger caliber like a .308 or something.

.308 is freaking expensive as hell now. My M1A hasn't seen action in weeks.

Oh and those sellers ob gun broker are making me sick. $275 for two M1A magazines?!? INSANE!!!

If this craziness is truly driven be supply and demand, the demand for ammo must be off the charts. Something else must be in play here. I can't help but believe the manufacturers aren't holding back to jack the prices through the roof.

3600 at the pawn shops here and selling them. Crazy!!

I walked into Barney's today (in Lafayette) just as they were putting out three S&W M&P15OR's with no extras for $1499 ea. They were gone within 10 minutes. I was able to get one of them. Barney's was selling the guns for $1100 two months ago, but I still considered myself lucky that A) I caught them coming off the truck, and B) they weren't marked up to $2500+ like a lot of gun stores have done of late... that is, when they can even get them.

I haven't seen a .22 or 5.56 round for sale anywhere in Lafayette in over a month. I know shipments come in regularly, but as with the rifle I bought today, they go real fast.

I'm looking for a CZ 85. No luck.

I've been looking for CZ 85 Combat for a while. I had Cabelas searching for one since they do a lot of business with CZ. I finally got an email from them telling me that they are backordered and have no idea when they will be getting any.

If you are looking for the ambidextrous features of an 85, the 75 stainless models do have an ambidextrous safety, unlike the black polycoat ones. I ended up buying a matte stainless from kygunco.com. They are out of stock now though. I noticed damascusgunshop.com has been sporadically getting in some CZs, just not 85s. Good luck on the search.

I've been looking for CZ 85 Combat for a while. I had Cabelas searching for one since they do a lot of business with CZ. I finally got an email from them telling me that they are backordered and have no idea when they will be getting any.

If you are looking for the ambidextrous features of an 85, the 75 stainless models do have an ambidextrous safety, unlike the black polycoat ones. I ended up buying a matte stainless from kygunco.com. They are out of stock now though. I noticed damascusgunshop.com has been sporadically getting in some CZs, just not 85s. Good luck on the search.

I really like the 85's also. But then again, I haven't met a CZ that I didn't like.

I have a CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow in 9mm, and the newer version of the CZ 75 P-07 Duty in a .40. Neither are stainless and both have the ambidextrous safeties on them. Actually, the P-07 Duty has a convertible decocker/safety.

My SP-01 Shadow is a competition gun. Pricey, but it's my favorite pistol on the planet. Had to have it. From ergonomics to fit & finish to firing, these babies are awesome. I am a huge fan of CZ.

I'm thinking of getting the Socom II for about $1700. I wanted a round heavier than 5.56 and received an email from Quantico Tactical with ARs chambered in .308 for $1600. Might as well get the M1 (M14) if I am going to shell out that kind of cash. I was going to go with an AR chambered in the Grendal round (6.5) but those are hard to come by.

I walked into Barney's today (in Lafayette) just as they were putting out three S&W M&P15OR's with no extras for $1499 ea. They were gone within 10 minutes. I was able to get one of them. Barney's was selling the guns for $1100 two months ago, but I still considered myself lucky that A) I caught them coming off the truck, and B) they weren't marked up to $2500+ like a lot of gun stores have done of late... that is, when they can even get them.

I haven't seen a .22 or 5.56 round for sale anywhere in Lafayette in over a month. I know shipments come in regularly, but as with the rifle I bought today, they go real fast.

I lucked on my M&P15OR with a Weaver scope just after Newtown for 1060, but I say that having originally going to the shop for a Windham Armory rifle, which blew off the shelves in minutes.

Im heading to a gun show this morning after the Gym. I cant wait to see how this goes. I suspect the ammo guys will be mostly sold out on first day. I was telling a Police Sargent friend of mine who is also going that its gonna be a mad house, but I dont think she believes me. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom