ammo shortage (1 Viewer)

krushing

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This is not meant to be another gun debate thread. Just currious why there is a shortage of all ammo including 22 bullets. I went to Accedemy sports yesterday and had to wait in line to buy one little box of 22 longs for target shooting. Thats all they would sell me. I reload everything but 22's. No one has even hinted at outlawing 22 ammo (that I've heard) so why the shortage? Any one have a clue? Thare is no bulk rate 22 ammo anywhere. The stuff was on the shelves by the truckload last year. Where'd it go?

This is not meant to be another gun debate thread. Just currious why there is a shortage of all ammo including 22 bullets. I went to Accedemy sports yesterday and had to wait in line to buy one little box of 22 longs for target shooting. Thats all they would sell me. I reload everything but 22's. No one has even hinted at outlawing 22 ammo (that I've heard) so why the shortage? Any one have a clue? Thare is no bulk rate 22 ammo anywhere. The stuff was on the shelves by the truckload last year. Where'd it go?

Everyone is just buying em up in anticipation. It cost me $ 25 for a small box of 9mm that fills 2 and half mags.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

how much is the .22 going for? I have one of those big boxes of remington .22lr but no .22 rifle anymore

It is absolutely crazy here. People are lining up before stores open on the days they know the truck came in the morning or the night before.

3 box limits if you can find it.

As I understand it, several government agencies are also stockpiling ammo as well.

The only thing you can find in abundance here right now is shotgun shells.

stopped by the ammo cabinet at walmart last night just to see if any .45acp, and nope. empty cabinet except for .25 rounds and 20ga shells.

same reason there was a shortage of ammo shortly after the 1st time Obama was elected.

If theres a 22 shortage.... there's some serious shananigans going on....

As I understand it, several government agencies are also stockpiling ammo as well.

The only thing you can find in abundance here right now is shotgun shells.

I noticed the abundance of shotgun shells. No government agency is stocking up on 22's unless they think we are going to be invaded by squirrels. It just doesent make any sense.

If theres a 22 shortage.... there's some serious shananigans going on....

Try to find any on the internet. If you do, Please PM me. I want about 4,000 rounds for plinking. My wife and I can go through a couple hundred rounds in a day.

stopped by the ammo cabinet at walmart last night just to see if any .45acp, and nope. empty cabinet except for .25 rounds and 20ga shells.

I have a small .25 I guess I'll start shooting that. .25 rounds have always been expensive for some strange reason. Must be why they are still on the shelves.

I picked up 3 boxes (525 count) 22LR 36-Grain at academy a few weeks back. The gun options and ammo in general are scarce now, but you can find a butt load of Arrows if you have a bow.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom