ammo shortage (1 Viewer)

I've resorted to practice with a highpowered pellet pistol and rifle.

7.62X54R is still fairly cheap

I have a couple nagants. Anybody ever put a modern kit on one? Those things kill my shoulder but they are fun to shoot. At least we haven't heard any proposed ban on imported ammo lately

I have a couple nagants. Anybody ever put a modern kit on one? Those things kill my shoulder but they are fun to shoot. At least we haven't heard any proposed ban on imported ammo lately
Yeah my dad had his put into a Monte Carlo stock; it required a bolt mod to clear the new stock though. That thing does kick like mule, that's the only rifle/scope to ever cut me. I wish I had bought one before all the crazy started.

Friend of mine tried to sell me an AR-15 the other day for $1100 bucks. The gun was stock and I thought he was really high on the price since I can get a new one for less. Told my neighbor about it and he walked over to my house cash in hand. Yesterday he drove to the gun show in Natchez and sold it in the parking lot before he even got inside for $3k. Felt like an idiot when he told me.

Friend of mine tried to sell me an AR-15 the other day for $1100 bucks. The gun was stock and I thought he was really high on the price since I can get a new one for less. Told my neighbor about it and he walked over to my house cash in hand. Yesterday he drove to the gun show in Natchez and sold it in the parking lot before he even got inside for $3k. Felt like an idiot when he told me.

Yea, I guess we know what the next bubble will be. Guns and ammo. I'm not buying now. It's just crazy. I'm gonna sit back and wait til everything settles down before buying a gun.

I bought all my ammo at normal cost. I'm not searching. I buy when I see local... and that's sometimes. .40 is easier to find.

3600 at the pawn shops here and selling them. Crazy!!

3600 at the pawn shops here and selling them. Crazy!!

The crazy thing is the people buying them had no intention of buying an assault rifle 6 months ago. The only thing you have to do to make people want something is tell them they can't have it.

A friend of mine with friends in the industry say they're 2 years behind on inventory

Give it time, they will go after imported ammo and guns, too. The Obama administration i'm hearing is determined to sign us up on the international arms restrictions treaties floating around.

IIRC, SoS Clinton has already blocked the importation of several eastern block shipments.

I have 3 variations. I love shooting them as is. The kick isn't that much more then a 12 ga. I guess im just used to it. You can get a butt pad for it and it helps out quiet a bit. There are dragnonov and moste carlo stocks out there for them too. some montes require a modified bolt, some dont.

The crazy thing is the people buying them had no intention of buying an assault rifle 6 months ago. The only thing you have to do to make people want something is tell them they can't have it.

Sadly, I held off for 4 years because prices shot up from 600 to 1K when Obama got elected. I had to go get when he spoke out after Sandy Hook, because I could see this all happening. Glad I did. I have been wanting one for a while so it satiated that need, but dayum I hate payin that much for a rifle and hate having to buy one now for all the crazy reasons.

She'll get some range time, i can guarantee that. :ezbill:

I can still pick up a AR chambered in .308 for about a grand. The only issue is if they are in stock. I'm going to buy the Mossberg 935 SPX since there's no shortage of shells.

So true. And its not just for guns either.

I can still pick up a AR chambered in .308 for about a grand. The only issue is if they are in stock. I'm going to buy the Mossberg 935 SPX since there's no shortage of shells.

That is what I thought too but you can't find them anywhere. If you can get one then jump all over it just to turn around and sell it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom