Among the charges -- DWI 10th (1 Viewer)

DavidM

Admin Emeritus
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Man faces charges for a weekend accident that injured four
January 14, 2008

John Taylor, 75, faces multiple charges in connection with a weekend accident that injured four people. (Shreveport Police Department)

By Loresha Wilson
ljwilson@gannett.com

A 75-year-old man faces multiple charges, including DWI 10th, in connection with a major accident that seriously injured two children on Saturday.

John Sidney Taylor also faces two counts of first-degree vehicular injury, one count of vehicular injury and one count of improper lane change, according to police.

http://shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080114/BREAKINGNEWS/80114022

People don't tend to get stirred up over events like this - unless, of course, he's a Mexican National. Then they want him ripped to shreds and sun-dried on the border fence.

People don't tend to get stirred up over events like this - unless, of course, he's a Mexican National. Then they want him ripped to shreds and sun-dried on the border fence.

some people maybe. but me, I think the old guy should get ripped to shreds and hung on the fence. I don't care if he's mexican or not.

some people maybe. but me, I think the old guy should get ripped to shreds and hung on the fence. I don't care if he's mexican or not.

Agreed, but long before he got around to his 10th DWI.

Geez People, 2, 4, 6 or 8 wasn't enough?

Agreed, but long before he got around to his 10th DWI.

Geez People, 2, 4, 6 or 8 wasn't enough?

he probably bought his way out of them. money and a good lawyer can do that for you. and yes Sabine your right. there are a group of people who would be jumping up and down screaming if it was an illegal who otherwise could care less. I don't think nationality should make a difference. by the time you get to 2-3 DUI you should be in jail for a while.

I was about to get upset but found out that he was not Mexican :dunno:

he probably bought his way out of them. money and a good lawyer can do that for you. and yes Sabine your right. there are a group of people who would be jumping up and down screaming if it was an illegal who otherwise could care less. I don't think nationality should make a difference. by the time you get to 2-3 DUI you should be in jail for a while.

I remember a thread about a similar news story where the focus instantly turned on his immigration status.

http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32854&highlight=drunk

[Never mind this bit, I didnt realize what I was saying, DOH!]

Here in Ohio, we seem to have the infamous habit of allowing drivers up to 18, yes, 18 DUI convictions before they finally get slammed into prison for along time. The guy I speak of is a legal citizen.

but im not sure why you brought this up? I'm guessing to point out how some folks immediatly look for citizenship status? Speaking for myself, I don't care what their status is, they should be drawn and quartered after so many incidents, IMO of course.

Last edited:
I remember a thread about a similar news story where the focus instantly turned on his immigration status.

http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32854&highlight=drunk

It could have something to do with the thread title stating "Illegal alien's 4th DWI kills 3 people in Houston."

When I read this thread title and the 10th DWI I didn't even think about his citizenship. I can understand how someone might get 1 or 2 if they just got really unlucky and was right at the legal limit but more than that and they shouldn't be able to own a vehicle much less drive one. Someone that gets 3 or more is more than likely driving drunk more than they are sober.

I endorse this message.

I also think that whoever has let him out of jail since say the 3rd offense should be held liable in court as well. After 3.. rot in jail. I could live with 2 even. You don't ACCIDENTALLY drink and drive.

I would be jumping up and down more if he was an illegal honestly.

I am one of those "insensitive ogres" that think the illegals should go back home and come in the right way whether they have to wait or not.

Either way, this guy should be going to jail.

I would be jumping up and down more if he was an illegal honestly.

I am one of those "insensitive ogres" that think the illegals should go back home and come in the right way whether they have to wait or not.

Either way, this guy should be going to jail.

varanook, I agree that some one here illegally should be sent back to where ever they came from, no matter what country it is but it shouldn't make any difference in the penalty for the DUI. after 2-3 times you should be doing jail time. if you are here illegally, the day you finish your time you should get a free ride back to where you came from.

varanook, I agree that some one here illegally should be sent back to where ever they came from, no matter what country it is but it shouldn't make any difference in the penalty for the DUI. after 2-3 times you should be doing jail time. if you are here illegally, the day you finish your time you should get a free ride back to where you came from.

Agreed, do the time here and than deportation.

It could have something to do with the thread title stating "Illegal alien's 4th DWI kills 3 people in Houston."

When I read this thread title and the 10th DWI I didn't even think about his citizenship. I can understand how someone might get 1 or 2 if they just got really unlucky and was right at the legal limit but more than that and they shouldn't be able to own a vehicle much less drive one. Someone that gets 3 or more is more than likely driving drunk more than they are sober.

It's interesting that you should say that because the article that started the other thread was about why the system was more lenient with the first 3 DUI, yet the thread turned on his illegal immigration with arguments that it wouldn't have happened had it not been for elements related to immigration.

My point is that to a certain extent we (our society as a whole) accept DUI's more so than we accept other, less lethal illegal acts. DUI is not a hot-button item. I don't know why that is, but it's true. The guy with 18 DUIs that Saint77 wrote about is a testament to how far we are willing to let this go.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom