Going down Chicago line,
If the train goes off the track,
Do you want your money back?
Yes, no, maybe so!

Too soon?
I dunno where that's from .. so no?

I dunno where that's from .. so no?
It’s an interesting song
It had a folk life and then Roger Miller released it as a country song - so the jump rope version probably came from here
Black Sheep had a rap version which Soul Rebels Brass Band would play fir most of its sets (SO MUCH fun to dance to)
BUT I heard in conversation that the roots of the song are from Underground Railroad days - that it was a ‘signal song’

It’s an interesting song
It had a folk life and then Roger Miller released it as a country song - so the jump rope version probably came from here
Black Sheep had a rap version which Soul Rebels Brass Band would play fir most of its sets (SO MUCH fun to dance to)
BUT I heard in conversation that the roots of the song are from Underground Railroad days - that it was a ‘signal song’
The Choice is Yours by Black Sheep.

And i remember hearing/using when playing chase/tag or hide and go seek to figure who was "it".

Ive always wanted to take one of Amtrak’s Viewliner sleeper cars from coast to coast, always thought it’d be a fun thing to do…. but dammit if it doesnt seem like these things are always derailing… maybe it’s just my perception, but as much as i hate flying , at least i know how safe planes are compared to say, traveling by automobile.. would be interesting to see how safe train travel is by comparison.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom