An 'Absolut' world? (1 Viewer)

CitySaint

SR is my life!
Reaction score
Company 'gives away' Southwest to Mexico
<!-- end head --><!-- deck -->[SIZE=+1]Vodka ad shows 'Absolut world' in which California, Arizona, others secede [/SIZE]
<!-- end deck -->
A new ad for Absolut vodka reconfigures North America according to the aspirations of many Mexicans, who believe the U.S. Southwest was stolen and should be returned.
Link

Viva! Viva!

I read this when my paper got delivered to my adobe this morning.

I guess in an even more Absolut world, this map would be broken into Native American tribal ranges throughout the continent?

I wonder how this will affect their Vodka sales? I do not drink vodka myself, but I keep a bottle in my bar for guests. This has in the past been Absolut or Smirnoff or Grey Goose or Stoli, depending on what was on sale when I needed to restock, but I will likely remove Absolut from my potential Vodka purchases.

The Mexicans are lucky they have anything at all and should thank Nicholas Trist. We could have concievably annexed the whole country.

Let em have texas back :mwink:

Attachments

• myabsolutworld.jpg
    myabsolutworld.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken, the Mexican government put a French puppet regime in the 1860's because they did not want the USA to take anymore territory from them and to check American power at the time. Its also funny too that many Mexicans supported the Confederacy indirectly and sometimes directly during the Civil War. I guess the enemy of my enemy is my friend logic applies to that. But yes, as far as the ad goes, its ridiculous and a bit over the top. A lot of Latin America has a love hate affair with the USA. they like our culture and its premise of equality, and respect for all cultures. the only downsides being the intervention in many of their affairs from the early 19th century to today's events from numerous US administrations. I guess historically speaking they do have a point, and it will cause a lot of bitterness and resentment from Hispanics who see a double standard on our part.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom