An Interesting Counter-Argument to the Winston "Hate" (1 Viewer)

This writer really spent a ton of energy to prop up Winston, which further shows that he just isn’t that good. Offenses are more sophisticated and interceptions are on the decline. 30 pics should not be happening.

Yeah, it seems to me like the writer just really wanted to make this a black/white thing and not really about Jameis. Clearly no one thinks he is the next Peyton Manning, else he would have been signed already. I think he would make an exceptional qb for the vipers though.

Remind me again how many uber drivers manning groped? How many times was manning caught shop lifting?

Thank you. I didn't feel like having any arguments so I really had to bite my tongue to not bring this up but it's pretty pathetic how many people in this thread and in the world of NFL fandom in general don't see that sexual assault accusation as a HUGE red flag. I firmly believe that it's a severe injustice for someone to get raked over the coals due to a false accusation but when you look at how many accusations are out there compared to how startlingly few convictions there are for high profile alleged offenders and further compound that disparity with how often convicted high profile sexual offenders are found to have silenced their victims for years, it makes it very reasonable to take all accusations a lot more seriously.

I just think he’s a bad person. It’s been evidenced many times over The years. But Im just one of those people who value character a little too much maybe. If he’s gonna be representing our organization, he can’t be pulling crap like he did during that game where Mike Evans cheap-shotted Lattimore.

I just think he’s a bad person. It’s been evidenced many times over The years. But Im just one of those people who value character a little too much maybe. If he’s gonna be representing our organization, he can’t be pulling crap like he did during that game where Mike Evans cheap-shotted Lattimore.

And this I can respect. He has done things that are beyond stupid and if that's why someone believes he won't be a good fit then that's one thing, but saying he can't play is crazy.

Man stop with that. He made mistakes as a kid. He's been on good behavior for years. There are grown arse men who have done worse and are still in the league. Yall stone throwers make me sick.

He was 22. It literally took me one minute to look that up so your instant reaction being to defend him and downplay it without doing any fact checking comes off like either you just follow what the talking heads say or that you think sexual assault is just some benign matter. Also, would you be saying "he's just a kid" about any random 22 year old if they came into your home and tried to do to female members of your family what JW might have done to his accuser? He also had a sexual assault accusation at FSU and the info I'm quoting below makes his lack of being prosecuted in that instance look very shaky in light of the Uber groping incident.

Allegations of improper police conduct have been made by both parties, with the complainant claiming to have been pressured into dropping her claim and Winston's attorney alleging inappropriate leaks to the media. Florida State's policy is that athletes charged with a felony cannot play until their case is resolved, but Winston continued to play throughout the investigation because he was never charged.

I'm sure a college in the midst of a national championship campaign would never orchestrate a coverup to avoid hurting their chances though.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom