An Interesting Counter-Argument to the Winston "Hate" (2 Viewers)

Going in to next season with a QB depth chart of Brees/Winston/Hill (order those last two however you like to massage Taysom’s ego, but his gadget role shouldn’t change from last season to next) would give us the best depth at that position in the entire league.

As he learned the nuances of receiving and got better as the season went on, Taysom became a lethal disruptive force. I just don't see SP removing that weapon from the offense

Interesting prospect, but he doesn't seem to be a SP type of player. Personally, he lacks NFL type leadership or presence that is needed to operate an NFL offense. His decision making is sporadic at best.

----

Man stop with that. He made mistakes as a kid. He's been on good behavior for years. There are grown arse men who have done worse and are still in the league. Yall stone throwers make me sick.

Stealing crab legs is a mistake. "Allegedly" sexually violating a woman in a confined space isolated from any other people whom might be able to intervene is way different. Also, if you think people that you deem worse than him being allowed to stay in the NFL justifies him being allowed to play then you've got it very backwards. If anything, the players who've done something "worse" shouldn't be allowed in at all and neither should he. I put worse in quotes because that's your opinion and not mine. Aside from that, it makes me sick to see that there are people that actually think there are things way worse than sexual assault that exist. Rape is right up there with murder. Lastly, it's pretty disturbing that you say people that hold him accountable for this make you sick but clearly violating a basically defenseless woman doesn't. You're basically implying that rape victims should just get over it so this poor young man can get on with his life and make millions and never learn any lessons.

Dude, just go get an "It's totally cool for athletes to commit sexual assault" shirt already. You sound like a lawyer in a cheap suit looking for loopholes to get a murder acquittal.
Whatever, is the answer yes or no? I ain't no attorney-Dude.

Stealing crab legs is a mistake. "Allegedly" sexually violating a woman in a confined space isolated from any other people whom might be able to intervene is way different. Also, if you think people that you deem worse than him being allowed to stay in the NFL justifies him being allowed to play then you've got it very backwards. If anything, the players who've done something "worse" shouldn't be allowed in at all and neither should he. I put worse in quotes because that's your opinion and not mine. Aside from that, it makes me sick to see that there are people that actually think there are things way worse than sexual assault that exist. Rape is right up there with murder. Lastly, it's pretty disturbing that you say people that hold him accountable for this make you sick but clearly violating a basically defenseless woman doesn't. You're basically implying that rape victims should just get over it so this poor young man can get on with his life and make millions and never learn any lessons.

No matter how you feel about players that have faced charges, for whatever reason MANY have been able to continue their careers in the NFL. Their are several in the NFL right now. There's at least one on the Saints team now. There's a quite a few that are or were successful QBs in the NFL.

I think we're getting off track. Looking at his career thus far, he's definitely a starter in the NFL. He's better than the starters for about half of the NFL teams. The point of the article was where he stands next to Manning after 5 years. And he compares pretty well which means he's doing A LOT better than most QBs after their first 5 years. Would I want him in New Orleans? In a vacuum...no, he's seriously goofy. Would I take him over any option on the Bears or Jaguars roster? Absolutely.

So, let's see now, I seem to remember that Manning was accused of sexually assaulting a woman in an isolated training room(a confined space without anyone around to assist her) .... and she was, an authority figure, a team trainer. The assault was done with the specific intent of humiliating the woman ..... because he didn't approve of her or her lifestyle? Something like that may even have been considered a hate crime. He said it was just a joke, so I guess he should be forgiven. How is that less than what Winston did?

To counter the crab legs, we could consider that Manning was also accused of using HGH to overcome his injuries in order to continue playing football ... and he was over 40 years old at the time. That's not stealing but it surely is a case of intentionally sneaking around and violating long established and important rules.(lying, cheating, hiding things for personal benefit - not good character traits)

Did it have any effect on his consideration for the Hall of Fame? Really, when you think about it, along with the statistical record and similar off-the-field issues, this may be a good comparison. What's the difference ... surely it's not race!

Off-the-field antics aside, he reminds me a lot of Aaron Brooks. All the raw talent in the world, but doesn't quite have the Football IQ to utilize it. Which is to say, given the right system and the right coach, he could be a decent even good QB if he works at it. Without that system in place though, you'll get exactly what we've seen so far - flashes of greatness on a field of otherwise poor decision making.

Off-the-field antics aside, he reminds me a lot of Aaron Brooks. All the raw talent in the world, but doesn't quite have the Football IQ to utilize it. Which is to say, given the right system and the right coach, he could be a decent even good QB if he works at it. Without that system in place though, you'll get exactly what we've seen so far - flashes of greatness on a field of otherwise poor decision making.

His football IQ is high. He suffers from what a lot of great QBs had to learn though Favre never did, you cant solve everything with your arm talent. No, his football IQ is good. His non-football IQ leaves a lot to be desired. Eating Ws, instigating fights, that's not something I want out of my QB. In the same breath, Phillip Rivers annoys me for similar reasons. Farely brash early on his career.

So, let's see now, I seem to remember that Manning was accused of sexually assaulting a woman in an isolated training room(a confined space without anyone around to assist her) .... and she was, an authority figure, a team trainer. The assault was done with the specific intent of humiliating the woman ..... because he didn't approve of her or her lifestyle? Something like that may even have been considered a hate crime. He said it was just a joke, so I guess he should be forgiven. How is that less than what Winston did?

To counter the crab legs, we could consider that Manning was also accused of using HGH to overcome his injuries in order to continue playing football ... and he was over 40 years old at the time. That's not stealing but it surely is a case of intentionally sneaking around and violating long established and important rules.(lying, cheating, hiding things for personal benefit - not good character traits)

Did it have any effect on his consideration for the Hall of Fame? Really, when you think about it, along with the statistical record and similar off-the-field issues, this may be a good comparison. What's the difference ... surely it's not race!

I never once defended Manning in this thread. Foh with that nonsense. If Manning did in fact do what the accusations say he did then I sincerely believe he should be prosecuted for them. If anything, the fact that you're trying to desperately deflect from your hero Jameis' rapey stuff is a pretty clear indicator that you think he should be allowed to get away with it. I never defended Manning in any way but you dragged that sheet in out of left field to try to misrepresent things when you literally could've straight up asked me something like "Hey dude, if you're so intent on Jameis being held accountable, then what's your opinion of Manning's accusations?"

Also, your entire argument is desperately trying to cry from the hilltops "Hey! Jameis is okay cuz people let Manning slide!" since you clearly tried to go tit for tat with the stuff in your post I quoted but conveniently left out the fact that he had another sexual assault accusation back at FSU. Care to keep defending a potential rapist or are you just gonna drop it and stop making a fool of yourself?

Man, this thread did a really good job of smoking out the rape sympathizers.

I mean Aaron Brooks was our hero for a minute. I was a huge fan of his talent but then that was all ruined.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom