An Interesting Counter-Argument to the Winston "Hate" (1 Viewer)

Does coming off the bench to poke Lattimore in the back, starting a melee count as keeping your nose clean and being more mature now ? It’s part of an overall pattern

If you're going off of Maybe then maybe the same could be said for Manning in his 1st five seasons. Maybe.

1.) That makes no sense. He's been good at every level he's played at.
2.) Maybe so but for other QB's we call them gunslingers. I don't care about his personal life.

He is not good at nfl level. Do i need to remind you that he currently has no contract and the chargers are considering starting Tyrod Taylor?

I prefer not to have criminals in our locker room. If that doesn't matter to you, fair enough I guess.

He deserves another chance at life whether that's in the league or not. I'm sure he was passed on in the draft and is being passed on now because of his past. But I'm a strong believer in growth and healing and the person we can become. We introduce prisoners back into society all the time with the hopes that they have been "rehabilitated" and no longer a threat to society. He has kept his nose clean for years. His teammates seem to like him and he has some talent and deserves to be on a roster. If these issues occurred while he was in the League I would understand him not having a job, but it was before and he was hired afterwards and has been clean since. Just my opinion.

He is being passed on now because he's bad at football. As revolting a person as I find him to be, there are definitely teams for whom this wouldn't be an issue if he could help them win.

He wasn't passed on in the draft, that is just nonsense.

I agree that he has some talent and deserves to be on a roster. I just don't think it should be as a starter and I think comparing him to manning is ridiculous.

He is not good at nfl level. Do i need to remind you that he currently has no contract and the chargers are considering starting Tyrod Taylor?

I prefer not to have criminals in our locker room. If that doesn't matter to you, fair enough I guess.

He has been good on the NFL level. I'd argue 5,000 yards and 30 TD's is good. Also I just watched NFL live break down his INT's this past season and they agreed with his former teammate that 50% of his INT's were NOT his fault.

He's not signed at the moment because of supply and demand. The Chargers are more than likely going to sign Cam Newton and/or draft a QB. Once the market settles Winston will sign with a team.

I agree I would prefer not to have a criminal in the locker room either but at the end of the day we weren't there when the "alleged" incidents happened. I prefer to live my own life and not sit in a chair judging people that I have never been around in my life.

He is being passed on now because he's bad at football. As revolting a person as I find him to be, there are definitely teams for whom this wouldn't be an issue if he could help them win.

He wasn't passed on in the draft, that is just nonsense.

I agree that he has some talent and deserves to be on a roster. I just don't think it should be as a starter and I think comparing him to manning is ridiculous.
I'm pretty certain his character concerns coming out of college had him left off of some folk's draft boards. I think to assume he wasn't is crazy.

A QB that is "bad" at football doesn't throw for 5k and 33 TDs. The interceptions are concerning, but there's alot of talent there and he is better than some of the 32 that will be starting on opening day. There are not 31 other QBS better than him.

Manning had similar stats so how is the comparison any different? Because Peyton is seen as a football savant? Then why was he throwing so many int's?

So what was he convicted of?

I'm pretty certain his character concerns coming out of college had him left off of some folk's draft boards. I think to assume he wasn't is crazy.

A QB that is "bad" at football doesn't throw for 5k and 33 TDs. The interceptions are concerning, but there's alot of talent there and he is better than some of the 32 that will be starting on opening day. There are not 31 other QBS better than him.

Manning had similar stats so how is the comparison any different? Because Peyton is seen as a football savant? Then why was he throwing so many int's?

Exactly. Manning threw more INT's in his first 5 seasons and had arguably a better supporting cast.

I'm debating this from a purely football standpoint.

• 1Like
Reactions: MV2
I just find it funny how, in public, the average dude will get visibly uncomfortable or even angry if he thinks someone is just looking at his girl but suddenly when a girl they don't know might be getting assaulted in a way that they will literally carry as emotional baggage until either they die or experience dementia/senility/alzheimers, they suddenly have a New York City-sized telephone book of rationalizations, excuses, or other ways to downplay the magnitude of that experience.

A lot of y'all are doing a fine job of confirming the stereotype that the average dude sees women as their own personal property and little more.

The more discussion I read on here about Jameis Winston, the more interested I become in the Saints taking a serious look at him. Someone earlier made a comment about how dumb he is ..... well, I went back and checked .... again, very close to Manning .... Peyton scored 28 on the Wonderlic, Jameis 27.

Jameis averaged 15+ yards per game more than Peyton on 3 fewer attempts per game, with a lesser supporting cast and bad eyes. Peyton broke 5000 yards in his 15th season, Jameis in his 5th. With his new eyes, you better look out!

Once again, sexual assault accusations were made against both of them. No matter how you frame it, you cannot ignore it with one and hold it against the other.

I'm just tired of standard operating procedure being to assume innocence way more than assume guilt. I feel like it should at least be 50/50. Maybe even more tilted toward assumed guilt if it happens more than once since it's far worse to be raped than it is to be falsely accused.

Exactly. Manning threw more INT's in his first 5 seasons and had arguably a better supporting cast.

I'm debating this from a purely football standpoint.
Man people forget how bad Manning looked sometimes. Folks are also quick to judge 26 year old kids against the resume of veterans with over a decade of NFL experience.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom