An Observation of how the Saints and Bucs have Changed Since their Week 9 Game. (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Nine weeks have passed since the New Orleans Saints went on the road to face the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The game was being built up as the coming-out party for Tom Brady and his cast of weapons on a primetime stage. Antonio Brown had signed with Tampa as a late-season addition.

If I remember right, Tampa was Kwons first game here and we didn’t see the full impact for a couple of weeks. He was a great piece, but the defensive woes from the beginning of the season were already in the process of turning because the communication in the secondary clicked.

If I remember right, Tampa was Kwons first game here and we didn’t see the full impact for a couple of weeks. He was a great piece, but the defensive woes from the beginning of the season were already in the process of turning because the communication in the secondary clicked.

He didn’t play vs Tampa. He was still in COVID protocols. First game was vs SF.

I never saw Kwon as a long term solution. If he stayed healthy, awesome, but he was bound to get injured given his track record.

article was totally useless.

basically how tb changed from last season to now. adding brady/brown/gronk. he has an elite supporting cast.

didnt say a thing how they've changed since the week 9 matchup. so basically, they are the same team we faced week 9 then.
Useless? I don't know man, my numbers tell me otherwise. But I really appreciate you reading it.

Derrick,

We would all do well to think about the time and effort it takes for you to write your articles. You deserve a tip of the hat 🎩 sir.

I also think about others who post videos & Twitter feeds, articles, internet vid links, etc. like James KP, RedJem, Dan in Lafayette, and others, (including the Dotless One or Bill, with KWTPF)...who get few or no kudos for their efforts.

Those productions take HOURS to compile, and it is admirable that you don’t do it for the thanks.

Well, rest assured that many OTHERS beside me appreciate your “labor of love.”

Well done!

WhoDat!!!

:gosaints:

Games 1-8
Saints scored 30.5 PPG and gave up 25
Bucs scored 30.8 PPG and gave up 20.6

Games 9-16
Saints scored 29.7 PPG and gave up 17.1
Bucs scored 30.6 PPG and gave up 23.7

The first 8 games included playing the Bucs twice because of our earlier bye. By the points per game stats shown above, this Bucs team actually played worse through the second half of the season vs when we played them twice in the first half.

The PPG stats show the Saints are giving up 8 fewer points a game since we last played them. We scored on average a half of a point less in the second half of the season, but it's not surprising considering all the injuries to offensive skill positions.

I did this research because of how much the narrative about the Bucs being a different team is being pushed. They are definitely riding a wave of momentum after clobbering the 5-11 Lions, the 4-12 Falcons, and a decent win against a sub .500 Washington team. I'm sure they are super fired up about a chance to get revenge on us, also. We need to bring our A game, no doubt. I don't buy them being a different team, but maybe playing with slightly more confidence. All we can hope is we play fired up and play a great game. I hope we show Tom once and for all who is king down in these parts!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom