An old post.... (1 Viewer)

boutte

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Looking at my old posts of mine (only goes back to 07) and I came across this. I think it's relevant because with the salary cap we could be seeing a lot of young players leaving after this year. And that's going to suck.

The Real Saints
Watching the Saints lose another game they should have won Sunday gave me such a strong feeling of Deja Vu that it got me thinking about this team and these players and what they mean in the long term scheme of things. Deuce's jersey will one day hang next to Rickey and Archies. Drew Brees may be the best QB we've ever had. Jamaal Brown, Mike Karney and Jahri Evans all look to be future Saints Hall of Famers.

But they're not the Saints. Players come and go. Same for coaches and even owners and stadiums. This Sunday night when we're playing the Seahawks look around you. The people sitting next to you cheering or booing, laughing or crying are the Saints. We're the only constant and we're the ones who make it all possible. It's all about us. People like Dan in Lafayette, Andrus, DadsDream, LSSpam, and yeah, me and my friend Danny, who was there with me when we lost our first agme to Rams in 1967 are the only component of this whole thing that has any loyalty. If the owner and the league think they can make more money someplace else they'll drop us quicker than Devery Henderson can drop a football. With free agency players change teams without a second thought.

As much as we love our favorite players they're just temporarily holding down a spot and are usually gone within a couple years. Real fans are in it for life.

I like Mike Karney but I really don’t feel like he’s a lock for the Saints HOF

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom