Analysis: Facing losses, Clinton recasts (1 Viewer)

No....you're just holding Obama to a standard few of the other candidates have met (Huckabee, incidentally, probably has the message that stands out most). But Obama's message is plenty clear to me, and apparently many others.

Nope. I'm really not. Why isn't that his supporters say that? Ah life is so unfair for this poor black candidate. He is being held to a higher standard. Please.

So what is his message again that plenty of people get? Raise taxes maybe? I can't get much beyond that.

FWIW - Hillary doesn't get my vote. and Huckabee majored in miracles right.

Looks like it is going to McCain sadly.

Let's do this issue by issue, shall we? You pick one (economy, education, abortion, immigration, etc.) and start a thread.

Feel free. I may even get around to reading it. Then again, I've already read Hillary's site, so probably not.

Nope. I'm really not. Why isn't that his supporters say that? Ah life is so unfair for this poor black candidate. He is being held to a higher standard. Please.

Wrong again, chief. You win the prize for being the first one to mention race, though.

IMO, I think people are overcompensating for Obama's oratorical appeal and lack of experience in national politics. If he talks too pretty and has too much charisma, then he must not have substance.... plus he's young, plus he's only been a U.S. senator for a couple years, plus all his supporters -- well, they're just a little too overzealous.

Fact is, the difference between Obama's policies and Hillary's policies are razor thin, so neither candidate has much to fall back on but their repeated mantras.

Obama: "I'm the candidate of change"

Hillary: "I'm ready to be president on day one"

I suspect each candidate has garnered supporters to the extent that people have bought into these two arguments.

Last edited:

So what is his message again that plenty of people get? Raise taxes maybe? I can't get much beyond that.

FWIW - Hillary doesn't get my vote. and Huckabee majored in miracles right.

Looks like it is going to McCain sadly.

His message is actually for a tax cut for the middle class. Accuse him of class warfare, that's a fair accusation. However, by Obama's economic plan most of America would get tax cuts, a nice chunk of the middle class stays the same and people making 250k+ would have the tax cuts rolled back.

I've given up on arguing the "substance" point with people. It's a canard folks use to not like the popular kid. He has as much substance as any other candidate in the race. On this board I've given detail after detail including links but the media beats the substance drum and everyone in the room dances. Now, you make not like what he has to say, that's fair (though I'd argue like the tax thing people aren't even actually not liking what he says but rather what they assume). However, he's saying it, people just are only chosing to hear what confirms their preconceived (read: media driven) notions.

His message is actually for a tax cut for the middle class. Accuse him of class warfare, that's a fair accusation. However, by Obama's economic plan most of America would get tax cuts, a nice chunk of the middle class stays the same and people making 250k+ would have the tax cuts rolled back.

I've given up on arguing the "substance" point with people. It's a canard folks use to not like the popular kid. He has as much substance as any other candidate in the race. On this board I've given detail after detail including links but the media beats the substance drum and everyone in the room dances. Now, you make not like what he has to say, that's fair (though I'd argue like the tax thing people aren't even actually not liking what he says but rather what they assume). However, he's saying it, people just are only chosing to hear what confirms their preconceived (read: media driven) notions.

Amen.

Wrong again, chief. You win the prize for being the first one to mention race, though.

Heh. I notice the only time Obama's race comes up is people who bring it up accusing people of bringing it up when they never mentioned it. :hihi:

Obama all the way. I have read and paid attention, and I do not want another 4-8 years of Clinton. I hope she keeps doing what she is doing.

I just went to barrackobama.com and he tells me he is all about change in ome video. But to get info on how he is going to go about the "first step" is that I must sign up to get the info. What suckers...

I just went to barrackobama.com and he tells me he is all about change in ome video. But to get info on how he is going to go about the "first step" is that I must sign up to get the info. What suckers...

It sucks that signing up for his website is the only place to get information on his platform.

If only these candidates gave speeches. Or interviews. Or debated each other. :dunno:

Try clicking on the big Skip Signup link.

I will take your word that it is there but I don't see it and I looked again.

The talking head started so soon directing me to signup that it is possible I overlooked it but I checked again and didn't see it. Maybe a popup blocker thing? Not sure.

Look guys the fact is all these losers are professional politicians and will do or say anything to get elected. Some have messages that stick and some don't. All I have said is that his hasn't - at least to me.

Look guys the fact is all these losers are professional politicians and will do or say anything to get elected. Some have messages that stick and some don't. All I have said is that his hasn't - at least to me.

So you would extend your no message/plan statement to McCain and Clinton as well? I can accept that a low-information voter might feel that way.

The truth is that all the candidates provide ample details on their websites and in speeches. You can debate how well the details are reaching the uninformed masses, but that doesn't mean the details aren't there.

One aspect of having the Hildebeest lose the nomination is missing the oppo research campaign against John McCain. I would imagine the ten-point attack would go thusly:

McCain went AWOL from military service for five years
Hillary enlisted in the Marine Corps and was rejected due to gender discrimination

McCain: a slacker for five years while still on the government payroll
Hillary, "a fiscal conservative", according to Chelsea Clinton

McCain has Puerto Ricans illegally working on his Scottsdale ranch
Hillary got Puerto Ricans out of jail and able to vote

McCain fathered a black daughter
Chelsea: 100% certified Arkansan

McCain brought a stripper to an officer social function
Hillary has never dated a stripper

McCain: at the epicenter of the Keating Five
Hillary: careful steward of investor money

McCain: bombed children
Hillary: saves children

McCain: married to a beer baroness who gives alcohol to children
Hillary keeps booze from children

McCain blew up three planes and caused the USS Forrestal explosion
Hillary: never crashed a plane

McCain: soldier
Hillary: "a mom first, then a candidate"

obama is getting 10% of republican vote. those are people who are voting against clinton and will go back to the republican side in the main election.

Obama hype will burst when people find out how he wants to unite people for his agenda. McCain is a true centrist. Obama is just as far left as Clinton. McCain is proven change. why do you think the republican base hates him.

Oh FYI sticky this one. McCain wins florida and california. Arnold will be a surogate for McCain. As ronnie lamarque would say Book it baby.

Was it only three planes he crashed before he was shot down?

However, to his credit, McCain did bring an exotic dancer to a Naval officers function in Pensacola--I can imagine the talk among the wives after that! But he loses a point or two over doing it as the son and grandson of admirals.

Excellent post, Sooner.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom