Analysis of the off-season (1 Viewer)

That is a very interesting point. We are almost at the stage where we can do that. Example: Bobby Richardson, last year's starter, who was released and then signed to the practice squad. Releasing him was a gamble that could eventually pay off if he can improve significantly from being on the practice squad.

By the way, I didn't know you could do what they did. I thought that once a player plays in so many games, he then is ineligible for the practice squad. But, I suppose, once released, he is then a free agent, and so you can sign him to your practice squad, at least during preseason. I don't want to threadjack, but that move pleasantly surprised me, and it's clear that I don't understand exactly how the practice squad rules work. :Eyecrazy:

They have changed the eligibility rules for the practice squad.

The NFL tweaked its rules for practice squad eligibility this year. In 2014, the NFL and NFLPA agreed to a rule that expanded the practice squad roster limits from eight to 10 players. The rule expired prior to the 2016 league year, but it has been renewed. In addition, last year teams could have two of the 10 practice squad spots filled by players who had two or more years of experience on an NFL roster. This year, that number has been increased to four players.

Here’s a brief rundown of who can be signed to a practice squad and what it means for his NFL career.

Here

Bobad, I am not quitting on either the season or Grayson, I just wanted to give my opinions on a true and critical manner.

I do like our current administration, but their intentions to make big time signings (like Norman and Byrd) or the sudden need to fix holes (like Browner and Kruger) are the main culprits of dead money. They also are eager to loose resources at draft time. In this case the boss needs to come and show the big picture. That is the case with Dennis Lauscha. He should insist in patience when managing resources, not restricting Liberty but showing the consequences of constantly being at the cap limit, with dead money and limited resources to bring players. There is a reason why we keep around 500%. We have to realize it is not bounty gate's fault any more.

My thing with Grayson is the guys that he typically gets to play with are selling cars the first week of the season. I would love to see him and Payton game plan for a week and actually practice with the starters and then play a game. He has zero comfortability with the starting O. We saw what McCown did with getting starting reps and game planning last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guillermo,

I love everything you said. Great points on getting where the Packers are, avoiding the sot of rushing to big contracts.

They cut Sisson not because he wasn't good, but because the backup was good enough to justify the huge savings in money, therefore allowing strength to be paid in other areas.

One thing, though.....is "lose", not "loose" :mwink:

d18d28391b6fde288589a4cb75394667.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree whole heartily about Fleenor. Our biggest needs going into FA were DL/OL and we spend wildly on a poor man's Jimmy Graham (same size and pathetic blocking). We could have resigned Ben Watson for a fraction. We didn't bring in one FA Guard and we didn't draft one either??? And how does Greg McMahnon still have a job? We haven't had a consistent FG kicker since IDK (Graham, Hocker, Barth ...).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom