Analysis of the Saints from Knowledgeable Source - Lomg (1 Viewer)

Tom Benson
Benson is considered the best Owner in truly caring for his coaches and players. He treats them like family and the coaches and players know that and really appreciate that. That's how the Saints get top players to play for them. New Orleans is very weak for player endorsement revenue and the crime rate scares many away who weren't born in the area.

Dude this false narrative is old and tired. They don't wanna come here, but have no problems with places like Chicago, Baltimore, Philly...etc.

It's frustrating to hear that all the time.

Soggy - thanks a lot. I never played football. I have my opinions, but not based on game knowledge -guesses. Every couple of months a few nfl guys show up and they go off together. It's a real thrill for me to just listen and learn.

Don't sell yourself short. Football is not rocket science like some fans make it out to be. If you are intelligent and pay close attention to the games for 30 years, you know enough to get a fairly accurate picture of a team's strengths and weaknesses. If you don't let fan biases get in the way, you casn be even more accurate in your assessment.

I don't know who you are. I don't know who Pete is. Did you really just tell me and others to kowtow to you and Pete's opinion simply because you say his opinions are superior to all but maybe 2 or 3 posters here? Because that's what it seems to me you just said.

I think psychiatric care might be helpful for you. I say that out of love to a Who Dat Brother

Another point Pete made which to him showed the lack of athleticism on Saints D was the lack of lateral speed of our LBs. He said that Atlanta's RBs we're getting the edge and cutbacks all game long. If our LBs were laterally faster, they wouldn't have gashed us with the run.

TBH I think Pete doesn't know what he's talking about on a lot of these points. This is the first year that I really think Payton is the problem when it comes to this defense. Gregg Williams wanted total control over his defense. Didn't get it. Spags was a disaster. Rob Ryan wanted to run his defense but Payton wouldn't let him. Payton is just too indecisive with run game schemes, pass block schemes, and defense as a whole. I get it, you don't want to be left behind so you try and keep up with the times.

This is the only difference between us and the Pats. They will do whatever it takes to win when they gameplay and they construct a scheme around what players do best and not the other way around. Dennis Allen is looking great as a DC IMO. Payton really needs to keep his hands off and let them run what they want.

Gregg DID get complete control. Hence the reason Sean could not stop the pay for performance program he put in place. Sean wanted Gregg so bad, he gave up control of that side of the ball for it. Gregg made "his" comments on this many times. "I got a f$#k off clause in my contract " Gregg speak for nobody can tell me anything about how to run my defense.

He lost me at Drew being smarter than Peyton Manning on the football field. I faded to black after that.

Dude this false narrative is old and tired. They don't wanna come here, but have no problems with places like Chicago, Baltimore, Philly...etc.

It's frustrating to hear that all the time.

And I'm pretty sure those places don't have people getting robbed or shots in their main tourist destinations simply due to a lack of a police force. Everywhere has xrime, but most everywhere also has a decent patrolled force to try and police it. I work in the quarter. It's hard to even find a blue uniform on a day to day basis.

You talked to a dude at the gym alone about this? Where was it, the sauna or something?

In the Sauna with the Strippers. Somehow or another Pete gets a ton of strippers that he works out. Yes they are female. And yes they are a joy to see workout.

But as beautiful as my wife is, I pay little attention to these girls :covri:

In the gym today, I had time with Pete alone and asked him what he thought of the Saints this year. If all you want to do is take shots at his points, then get out of the thread now. There are maybe 2-3 people on the Board who knows as much - maybe
I nearly stopped reading right here. Not because you had a point but because of how insulting and hypocritical this is.

There is no resume somebody could post that would allow his comments to go unquestioned by you, me, or anyone else on this board.

In fact more then half this board makes a habit of criticizing comments from opinion makers with two or three times the resume that Pete has.

Lets take a look at the resume of people who we all feel free to disagree with...

Phil Simms - 14 years in the NFL, 2 Pro Bowls, 5 Playoffs, 1 Superbowl MVP, 33k yards passing...and yet if he says something stupid, I wont hesitate to call him on it.

Matt Millen - 12 years as an NFL player, 1 Pro Bowls, 4 Superbowl Rings, Intercepted passes from Ken Anderson, Dan Fouts (twice), Phil Simms, and Troy Aikman. Plenty of people feel free to blast anything he says.

Michael Irvin and Deion Sanders - All the NFL player credentials in the world and yet the NFL wisdom of 12 year olds.

Willie Roaf - Hall of Famer, 13 year NFl Career, 11 Pro Bowls, one of the greatest Saints of all-time, and beloved by most Saints Fans including myself. All that and yet, when he makes comments about who should be listed on the Top 50 Saints, I am still going to disagree with him.

So unless you friend Pete has a father who wasnt born on planet earth, he is fair game for criticism.

As to the rest, I doubt Pete has this depth of knowledge about the Saints players and organization, if he said all that at all.

billinms - you are spot-on about Pete's knowledge of the Saints. The only reasons he watches all the Saints games is his Man Crush on Brees and admiration for SPs play calling.

For me this is one of the reasons I like to hear what he says. He has no homerism to the Saints, or dislike for that matter. It's a knowledgeable objective view

Ever notice Pete and Tommy Parsons are never seen together?:scratch:

LMAO. Good one. But untrue. Tommy still stops by the gym every few months to talk to Pete about training. Tommy is running one of the gyms in town. And Tommy is still in incredible shape.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom