Analysts high on New Orleans Saints' mid-round draft choices, undrafted free agents (1 Viewer)

mvtrucking

Administrator
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
snews.gif

Full Story – Nola.Com

On Thursday, I shared the opinions of several analysts who are high on the New Orleans Saints' choice of safety Kenny Vaccaro in the first round of the NFL draft. There seemed to be even more enthusiasm about the Saints' later choices.

- Longtime NFL scouting guru Gil Brandt was extremely high on the Saints' third-round choices of Arkansas-Pine Bluff offensive tackle Terron Armstead and Georgia defensive tackle John Jenkins. Before the draft, Brandt had Jenkins rated 38th overall among draft prospects and Armstead 55th.

"I thought they had a very good draft for not having a second-round pick," said Brandt, who now analyzes the league for NFL.com among other outlets. "I thought the kid from Georgia was 35 to 50. And I love Armstead. I talked to Sean (Payton) about him coming back from (the scouting combine in) Indianapolis and I said, 'You know, he's a guy you could probably play him at tight end. You see him in their (Division II) playoff game, he catches a pass. You can probably play him at defensive end, too, and he could rush the passer. I think he'll be a good player."

By Mike Triplett / Times Picayune

Full Story – Nola.Com

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom