Analyzing Saints depth chart: Offense (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Here's an article posted by Mike Triplett on ESPN.com

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-orleans-saints/post/_/id/5976/analyzing-saints-depth-chart-offense

Here's our offensive depth chart as it stands today.. article simply states our biggest needs/priorities. Basically, G & WR are our two biggest holes on offense.

Center should be a top priority as well. Assuming Lelito is going to just come in and outplay DLP is a major reach. He struggled at G last year.

If we don't re-sign DLP, yeah. Lelito was looked at as some sort of up-and-comer around various forums. There's literally not much to grade him on, but I'm always optimistic we can build a great O-Lineman. (Minus Charles Brown's up & down performances).

Not sure about guard. If they draft a center and Lelito goes back to backing up at guard and center.

Center should be a top priority as well. Assuming Lelito is going to just come in and outplay DLP is a major reach. He struggled at G last year.

Good thing G and C isn't the same position then.

Dept at Guard/Center and Wide Reciever appear to be the holes the Team wants to address in the draft. I dont have a problem with Lelito starting at Center if thats where the team has projected him. Colston, Stills, Toon and Morgan are receivers we will be depending on next year to produce and players like Stills, Toon and Morgan are look upon as players who are going to continue to improve with more opportunities but that still leaves two spots open (possibly one) which will be addressed in the draft.

Outside from depth and potential starters we are prepared to go into the draft with these players penciled in as starters...I for one am not concerned because I like the youth movement we are ushering in on offense.

Is de la Puente definitely gone? Or, just walking the streets? Seems that every other year someone buys our center...

I think the line is okay, aside from center. We do need some depth on the line, and I hope we plan on carrying more than seven lineman this year. I remember looking through the depth charts of a lot of other teams last season, and I couldn't find a single other team that only kept seven lineman on the roster. Most kept nine, some ten. The Jets kept ten; five starters plus a backup at each of the five positions.

Lelito did not struggle last year, the guy had a game with three pancakes at Guard!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom