And it begins. 360 HDDVD and 5 free movies $50.00 lol. (1 Viewer)

I am still waiting for my 5 free movies. I bought the HD DVD player from Walmart in November when it was $100. With Blue Ray winning the war I still don't feel bad about the purchase. The upconverted DVDs still look great.

to be honest, i don't think there's anyway they could sell this inventory at this point. They might to better posted them on ebay for $5 each.

what do you mean, for 50 bucks, ill use the thing with my laptop, and get 5 movies for cheap.

Might as well pick up a cassette player and a reel to reel while your at it.

why do you think blue ray is winning the war vs hd?

1. Cause everybody who bought a PS3 has a blu ray player
2. Better movie studios were backing them
3. Blu Ray sounds like something "new" where as HD DVD just sounds like some new form of dvd kinda like superbit.
4. blue is a better color then red (personal opinion)

I bought the $50 360 hd add on today. You get 6 free movies. You also get a multimedia remote. And the fact that hd-dvds are dropping in price just makes it all the sweeter.

Actually, you could possible make the case the case using the HD DVD drive on a 360 may be easier on the built in game drive. That way you could use the add on for HD DVD's and SD DVD's and use the game drive for just games.

I know using component cables the HD DVD drive for the 360 will not upconvert a SD DVD. I don't know if it will if you connect a 360 with a HDMI cable. I haven't seen anything that says a 360 HD DVD drive will up convert.

yes, the 360 drive will upconvert if you have an elite via hdmi. the built in drive will too.

Can you hook up a regular 360 with an HDMI cable? I just use the HD cables that already came with it.

you probably have earlier production model that didn't include the HDMI port. All the current models, Arcade, Premium, Elites, all have them.

Yeh, the early adaptors were kinda screwed over here. i have 2 360's now. an original Preimum without an HDMI, and new Arcade, with an HDMI.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom