...and now for some sobering NFL News: Kirk Herbstreit will be 'shocked' if NFL, college football happen in 2020 (1 Viewer)

Yeah, I missed a comma, my bad. I was implying any other states, — specifically one in an NBA market. ?
From what I’ve heard they’re thinking of having the playoffs in one location and shortening it to best of three.

That number is if everything goes "perfectly" which I would say things are not.

"Even if all of the social distancing guidelines are followed “perfectly,” Dr. Birx said, the death toll in the nation could reach 100,000 to 200,000. "

While out on a food run yesterday I drove by the park here just to see if everyone was listening to the guidelines of staying home and social distancing. There was a full on 5 on 5 full court basketball game going on at the basketball court and the dog park was stuffed with more people than I have ever seen there. So I wouldn't say Louisianians have gotten the hang of this yet.

The 2.2 Million number was quoted by the President and comes from everyone take no steps at all, sending everyone back to work and just letting everything fall where it may:

But on Sunday, he repeatedly cited predictions that up to 2.2 million Americans could die from the virus if nothing were done to stop its spread. He talked about “the viciousness” of the virus and revealed that it had sent a friend to the hospital.

This is a Saints forum and this post is pretty much off that topic. I can say that my underlying opinions on all of this will probably trigger you, hence I will not incur the carpal tunnel. However I will say that if you actually believe the NYT parroting that China is handling this situation better than the USA and that our deaths will actually surpass them, then you're going to believe what you want to believe. It will not matter what I say or type. :idunno:

This is a Saints forum and this post is pretty much off that topic. I can say that my underlying opinions on all of this will probably trigger you, hence I will not incur the carpal tunnel. However I will say that if you actually believe the NYT parroting that China is handling this situation better than the USA and that our deaths will actually surpass them, then you're going to believe what you want to believe. It will not matter what I say or type. :idunno:

Did you even read the articles? You asked where he got those numbers and I'm telling you both your number and his number came from the President, Birx and Fauci.

You honestly this is a "fake news" thing at this stage? All periodicals play the headline game.

You honestly this is a "fake news" thing at this stage? All periodicals play the
You honestly this is a "fake news" thing at this stage? All periodicals play the headline game.
You do realize I can post links from reputable epidemiologists, virologists, and physicians that directly contradict your links. It's all based on modeling. Is it fake news? No. Is this disease a serious public health issue? Yes. Does it warrant the level of fear, panic, and destroying our way of life? I'm saying no.
If you are interested in doing your own research instead of the media and our government class telling you what to think, check out gis.cdc.gov. Its mortality statistics. You need a desktop to look at it. Very interesting stats the tend to cast doubt on the degree of panic this issue is generating

You do realize I can post links from reputable epidemiologists, virologists, and physicians that directly contradict your links. It's all based on modeling. Is it fake news? No. Is this disease a serious public health issue? Yes. Does it warrant the level of fear, panic, and destroying our way of life? I'm saying no.
If you are interested in doing your own research instead of the media and our government class telling you what to think, check out gis.cdc.gov. Its mortality statistics. You need a desktop to look at it. Very interesting stats the tend to cast doubt on the degree of panic this issue is generating
It wasn't my links but please feel free to post your counter links.

? agree and I applaud you for having the courage to post all of that. It’s unpopular.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom