And Now, Your Annual Sean Payton Rumors Begin (1 Viewer)

Someone, please save me a click...

In essence, it's a prediction based on Stranger Things In The NFL
(Example: Romo to the Jets, Lane Kiffin to the Patriots as OC). He's basing his prediction based on the 0-3 record, to quote Colin, "wacky ownership situation in New Orleans", worst defense, and his agent's location in L.A.

Payton to coach USC?

He just signed a 5 yr deal with us. Colin is blazing something else besides 5.

I don't agree with it. Personally, my guess is he finishes his contract and retires. But I thought it was necessary to show this. One, because Cowherd sometimes doesn't let things go when it comes to USC ( he failed when USC was going to get a big name, it ended up being Clay Helton) Two, to show how flimsy these rumors start out.

I don't think Payton will ever be a super bowl contender again with the Saints. With that being said, I think Brees and Payton are tied at the hip. If we don't make the playoffs by next season, both are gone.

I don't think Payton will ever be a super bowl contender again with the Saints. With that being said, I think Brees and Payton are tied at the hip. If we don't make the playoffs by next season, both are gone.

Their relationship is very close, but likelihood is they will not retire together. According to numerous reports, both of their agents explored leaving New Orleans within the last year.

I've made it clear that Payton is an awful talent evaluator, but can devise some of the most creative combo route trees in the NFL. He also has a 5 year year contract as 2nd highest paid coach in football; Benson isn't buying that out nor can he strip him of personell contractually.

2016 is turning into our "suck for Luck" season, with Deshone Kizer or DeShaun Watson as prize as Top 5 picks. We will have to draft one if the opportunity is there; and this should reengage Payton.

Their relationship is very close, but likelihood is they will not retire together. According to numerous reports, both of their agents explored leaving New Orleans within the last year.

I've made it clear that Payton is an awful talent evaluator, but can devise some of the most creative combo route trees in the NFL. He also has a 5 year year contract as 2nd highest paid coach in football; Benson isn't buying that out nor can he strip him of personell contractually.

2016 is turning into our "suck for Luck" season, with Deshone Kizer or DeShaun Watson as prize as Top 5 picks. We will have to draft one if the opportunity is there; and this should reengage Payton.
I agree that Benson may not want eat that contract, but he may not have a choice after this year. The good thing about coaches and front office salaries is that they do not affect the cap. I know a lot of wealthy people are notoriously cheap, but the money SP makes will have very little impact on Benson's finances. In fact the risk of losing the fans to a certain degree is a bigger financial risk than cutting ties with Payton. After this year it will be 4 out of 5 losing seasons, and three consecutive losing seasons. I just don't think you can justify that to the fans.

Just rumors and from a source that is always questionable. However, it could still happen and I think Sean is burnt out on the Nfl, it's gimmicks and Roger in general.

I'm not attending another Saints game while Payton is coach. They are all up on Ticket Exchange.

4-11 in last 15 games at HOME is just inexcusable. Tired of wanting to leave that Dome at halftime.

I would take Myles Garrett over Watson. I would never draft a quarterback with accuracy concerns.

I hate everything about Cowturd. His eyebrows, his voice, his femininity, and his asinine jargon
Don't forget the teeth. You'd think he could afford dental work.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I would take Myles Garrett over Watson. I would never draft a quarterback with accuracy concerns.

Not saying Id draft a QB that high either, but Id almost feel bad for Garrett if he were drafted here. Kid has all the talent in the world and then to be thrown in the wings of this defensive coaching staff would just be criminal. Sad, but true.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom