And that call on 3rd and one? (1 Viewer)

Pretty sure this was the 6th or so play of the game that we ran offensively.

Is it possible this was part of the "scripted" set of plays to run and we just stuck to the script. I honestly have no idea how "scripted" plays work, but you consistently hear about coaches scripting plays to start a game. Obviously, at some point you need to divert from the script. Anywho, just a thought.

Even if it was a scripted series, there should be enough "flexibility" within the script to adjust to Situational plays, like Short yardage.

What if we were back up against our own goal-line? Guarantee you we put the script down and do something maxprotect, jumbo formation there.

Do you realize how much easier to defend when you know there is no chance of a run play? Why would you give the defense this kind of advantage? Plain stupid. Give Carmichael the play calling back coach.

I wish they would let Pete go back to calling the plays. Every time he calls the plays the offense looks cleaner and more organized as a whole. That Rams game was Payton's personal vendetta game. Which is why I can't get over how we looked so drained and just off. It's pretty evident there is a noticeable difference in team performance when Pete is calling the plays.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom