And that call on 3rd and one? (1 Viewer)

RJ in Lafayette

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Help me out. Why in the world on third and one do you go to an empty backfield and put your quarterback in the shotgun? I can understand a pass play, perhaps play action. But there wasn't even the threat of a run. Seven hours later and I am still find what we did inexplicable.

You're late

Help me out. Why in the world on third and one do you go to an empty backfield and put your quarterback in the shotgun? I can understand a pass play, perhaps play action. But there wasn't even the threat of a run. Seven hours later and I am still find what we did inexplicable.

They've done that junk all year especially on the goal line.

It's not new. I'm not too fond of it. In short yardage situations, I don't like empty backfield sets. But that's pretty far down on my list of concerns.

Too much hindsight.

Two weeks ago, we didn't get a 3rd and 1 with Hightower and everyone was crying we should of thrown it.

I saw Pittsburgh and the Cardinals go 5 wide on 3rd and 1/4th and 1 today and it worked. No play is 100%.

Not hindsight. In real-time, before the play was run, my section was talking about the formation, as did Deuce during the radio broadcast.

Not hindsight. In real-time, before the play was run, my section was talking about the formation, as did Deuce during the radio broadcast.

Do you realize how much easier to defend when you know there is no chance of a run play? Why would you give the defense this kind of advantage? Plain stupid. Give Carmichael the play calling back coach.

the play before ingram has an easy first down but elects to gingerly go out of bounds a yard short.....wth

Something told me we would be punting

and when you see Drew running baĉk to recover a bad snap, you are in for a very long day

the last time that has happened? I cant even remember.

the play before ingram has an easy first down but elects to gingerly go out of bounds a yard short.....wth

Something told me we would be punting

and when you see Drew running baĉk to recover a bad snap, you are in for a very long day

the last time that has happened? I cant even remember.
Ingram re-aggravated the toe injury early on, and just wasn't the same afterwards.

There were a lot of questionable Offensive decisions made this game, best to just watch the tape once, burn it, and move on from it.

This is what happens when he resumes playcalling duties :idunno:

He used to be a mastermind, but is seems he can't call 2 decent games in a row anymore (last week he called the plays as well)

I've seen our team run into a brick wall time and time again in 3rd and short and get blanked. I've seen us run and get it. I've seen us spread the ball out and get the 1st down.

We lost, so every little thing that went wrong is magnified and is symptomatic of how far Sean Payton has fallen...

Since last week when our offense devastated one of the NFL's better defenses. Which was also was able to do to Seattle and Carolina.

Same here. It didn't make any sense. Sometimes Payton gets too cute. I get it. He's as close to an offensive 'genius' as there is in the modern league. But his game plans are often so reliant on scheme that basic football discipline goes out the window. And if your game plan fails to absolutely win, you're left not with a struggle, but with utter failure.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I thought we had John Kuhn on our team? Use him! Even if the Lions know it's coming, Kuhn rarely gets stopped for less than a foot or two.

Saints plays in short yardage situations are always an adventure...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom