and the Bosa/Chargers shenanigan continue (1 Viewer)

eastlos82

Veteran
Reaction score
Man, I can't believe the Bolts and Joey Bosa have allowed this to happened. I wonder how much of it has to do with Bosa's agent, family and friends or if it's just Bosa being hard headed and sticking to his guns. If he does stick to his guns I wonder if he will still command a 1st round pick next year. Thoughts?

This is not the first time the Chargers have had it out with a 1st round pick.

A lot of Chargers fans do not have kind things to say about their owners and most put this squarely on them for being cheap scumbags.

my question is... do any teams pay the full amount of guaranteed money up front?

My understanding is Bosa wants to continue the way contracts have always been and the Chargers are trying to change it.

They want to differ almost half, if not half of the guaranteed money to March. Bosa camp wants all paid by the end of the year. That's just part of it.

What reason?
To avoid playing against Peyton or he wanted to go to a big market?

The coach at the time (Schottenheimer?) called Archie and told him that Eli should not want to come there and play for that organization.

Good on him I say. He'll set a precedent for the future high picks if he caves. Chargers are trying to go against the norm and that will be viewed real favorably by the fan base when they go 6-10.

I heard on NFL Sirius station that this could affect the way the city looks at the team when considering public money for new stadium. If the Chargers don't even want to competitively pay their players, how serious are they about winning?

The city won't want to commit money to a team that is just looking to make money without doing what it takes to really try to get a championship.

I heard on NFL Sirius station that this could affect the way the city looks at the team when considering public money for new stadium. If the Chargers don't even want to competitively pay their players, how serious are they about winning?

The city won't want to commit money to a team that is just looking to make money without doing what it takes to really try to get a championship.

Yep. There was a good quote in the comments of a PFT article

"If San Diego voters are seeing headlines every day about the Chargers not being able to sign the third pick in the NFL draft, they sure as heck aren’t going to vote for a stadium tax. The Chargers may get Bosa to cave on his demands and lose 600 million dollars in the process."

CqpLoo0UsAAdRoA.jpg:large

Does anyone else remember when Bryant McKinnie was a rookie with the Vikings?His rookie season he sat out for a good part of the regular season because he wanted so much, and the Vikings werent willing to give in. I am just bringing that up because even if Bosa sits out during the regular season, he isn't going to be suddenly written off to have a bad career.

Furthermore regarding the Chargers, Eli, and Phillip Rivers. Eli didn't want to go there, and Archie (being his mouth piece) told us all that his son wouldn't play there. The Chargers (being the PR titans that they were) went and proved to the world why Archie/Eli were right as Phillip Rivers held out because the Chargers were hard to work with.

People, this isn't something new or wild, there is a reason that the Chargers drafted Bosa where they did. There is a reason that they let guys like Brees, Sproles, and others leave. There is a reason why their own city wouldn't mind if they picked up and left town. The Chargers are a clown car of an organization, only they don't have a motor to go anywhere, doors to keep things in the car, the car is on fire, and people are screaming (not cheering) in horror.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom