And the winner is...not Faith Hill! See the vid. LOL! (1 Viewer)

DadsDream

Dreaming of a SAINTS Super Bowl!
Reaction score
Country Music Awards. Faith needs to work on her poker face. :)

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kyZRiEJnIag"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kyZRiEJnIag" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Faith says it was a joke:

"The idea that I would act disrespectful towards a fellow musician is unimaginable to me. For this to become a focus of attention given the talent gathered is utterly ridiculous. Carrie is a talented and deserving female vocalist of the year."

Hill gets backup from fellow singers
Posted 11/8/2006 10:26 PM ET
By Beverly Keel, USA TODAY

Several country stars are rallying to the defense of Faith Hill, whose on-camera antics during Monday's Country Music Association Awards have created a national stir.

As Carrie Underwood was announced the winner of the female vocalist award, Hill looked at the camera, said "What?" and turned away. She said in a statement Tuesday that she had been joking.

READ MORE
http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2006-11-08-faith-hill-support_x.htm?POE=LIFISVA

That's awesome. She still needs to eat a ham sandwich...

All I can say was that I was once again proud while listening to the radio the morning after the Country Music Awards. They announced the entertainer of the year, and I thought to myself, "Good. Another one I've never heard of." So they played a clip of one of the popular songs and it sounded pretty much like every other country and/or western song I'd ever heard.

TotallyProudtodiSlikecountry

So they played a clip of one of the popular songs and it sounded pretty much like every other country and/or western song I'd ever heard.

You've actually found common ground between C&W and Rap! Wow!

My wife is a Faith Hill fan. I brought this up to her and she was vehemently defending Faith as just joking. So, I asked what if Gretchen Wilson(the redneck girl) was caught doing that instead of prim and proper, pretty Faith Hill. Indeed a double-standard ensued. :D

She was making fun of Kanye West, which I wholeheartedly endorse. She just isn't a good enough comedienne to pull it off. She is the John Kerry of the country music crowd.

I saw it happen and thought it was hilarious. And if Gretchen Wilson had done it, it would have been even funnier. She probably would have given the finger to the camera.

:horseapples: :microwave: :miss114: :beeer:

>>My wife is a Faith Hill fan.

Texas? Check
Redneck wife? Check

The transformation is almost complete!

:icon16:

TPS

>>My wife is a Faith Hill fan.

Texas? Check
Redneck wife? Check

The transformation is almost complete!

TPS

Took you long enough to figger that out brah. She is from Lafitte afterall. I keep telling her that you can take da girl outta Lafitte, but you can't take Lafitte outta da girl. :ezbill:

You ain't far behind either from what I hear. Pretty soon, you'll have a Nascar number sticker on your vehicle and a Skoal can ring in your back pocket. :icon16:

>>You ain't far behind either from what I hear. Pretty soon, you'll have a Nascar number sticker on your vehicle and a Skoal can ring in your back pocket.

Well I do rebel against that stuff. I drive down those lonely highways blasting Black Sabbath and Suicidal Tendencies at very high volumes. I flash the old MLU avatar sign (the one with the thumb and forefinger positioned at such a way as to imply smallness) to people with big trucks that have white duck heads or dear heads on their back windows AND ESPECIALLY those with the "size matters" deer heads with the large rack of antlers. I've been thinking up a counterattack sticker for them, but I haven't yet decided what I want to do.

Your big truck and big buck mean...

It's not the size of the antlers that counts.

It doesn't impress me that you and 50,000 other people hunt ducks.

Finding a replica of a sealed meat package from a grocery store.

The Japanese flag or a white sticker of the Japanese islands :)spit:)
There are millions of possibilities, but I haven't come up with the right idea yet. So my truck consists of 3 stickers: A) The Bars (BF), B) Rock 106.3, C) a blue bandaned Suicidal Tendencies skull. :shrug:

TheonlynumbersonmytruckareonthelicensePlateS

Took you long enough to figger that out brah. She is from Lafitte afterall. I keep telling her that you can take da girl outta Lafitte, but you can't take Lafitte outta da girl. :ezbill:

You ain't far behind either from what I hear. Pretty soon, you'll have a Nascar number sticker on your vehicle and a Skoal can ring in your back pocket. :icon16:
You forgot the straw hat.

I saw the video and she is obviously JOKING. I can't see how anybody would interpret it otherwise. People need to lighten up!

TPS, before you do any of that stuff, let us know so we can bid you a fond farewell. I don't know if your body will be found. :shrug:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom