and then there were 6 (1 Viewer)

JCB

Breesus of Nazereth
Reaction score
I was looking over the roster, to see how many players remain from the 2005 3-13 team. I counted 6, W.Smith, C.Grant, J.Brown, J.Stinchcomb, D.Henderson, and J. Nesbit. That seems to be quite a bit of turnover in a 3 year period, no doubt Peyton has put his stamp on this team.

And it will in all likelihood drop to 5 next year....can't see all those guys coming back, specifically Grant.

Lance Moore was on the practice squad in 2005. So make it 7.

Actually, make it 8. John Carney was here then, if you want to get technical...even though he "left."

Nesbit is versatile, but isn't he around 84 yrs old?

I don't know if he's here next year. CG may restructure.

Lance Moore was on the practice squad in 2005. So make it 7.

And despite his leave of absence, John Carney was kicking for us back then, as well. So, make it 8?
I remember seeing that stat (8 since 2005) in an article on the Saints' website a few weeks ago; I'd counted 7 myself, but had forgotten about Lance Moore. Good call.

EDIT: And I'm 3 minutes slow. Oof.

no doubt Peyton has put his stamp on this team.

Not to mention the stamp that Payton has put on it.

just messin' with ya... ;)

I could definately see less this year - Payton got rid of all the "big personalities", if you will, expect for Grant. Could see a change there for one - also, J- Brown might be on the outs if we show this season that we can survive without him.

Just bringing back memories now - was it Gandy who had the recliner in the locker room that Payton had removed, just before Gandy himself was removed?

How awesome was that?

Not to mention the stamp that Payton has put on it.

just messin' with ya... ;)

I could definately see less this year - Payton got rid of all the "big personalities", if you will, expect for Grant. Could see a change there for one - also, J- Brown might be on the outs if we show this season that we can survive without him.

Just bringing back memories now - was it Gandy who had the recliner in the locker room that Payton had removed, just before Gandy himself was removed?

How awesome was that?
but I least I know how to spell Meechum:ezbill:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom