And you wonder why they get radicalized... burkini ban in France (1 Viewer)

SystemShock

uh yu ka t'ann
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yes... the French banned the so-called "burkini" on their beaches... after a ruling by the highest French court to remove the ban, many French mayors are still refusing to lift the ban, calling the burkini "an ostentatious dress", "Islamist", and "a sign of the salafisation of our society”.

Now, this is not an excuse for blowing up a metro station, yet, it gives a small peek at the sort of crap Muslims are put through in France just because they are Muslim. This is not new, though... been going on for decades, if not centuries.

If the French need to ban something on their beaches, they should ban fat Frenchmen wearing speedos. Now THAT is an eye sore.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...ite-court-ruling/ar-AAibFpv?OCID=ansmsnnews11

AAibDNR.img

Last edited:
You have been radicalized.

You are opposing a law that keeps women mostly naked at the beach.

Would you feel the same if France banned ankle length denim skirts?

Yes... the French banned the so-called "burkini" on their beaches... after a ruling by the highest French court to remove the ban, many French mayors are still refusing to lift the ban, calling the burkini "an ostentatious dress", "Islamist", and "a sign of the salafisation of our society”.

Now, this is not an excuse for blowing up a metro station, yet, it gives a small peek at the sort of crap Muslims are put through in France just because they are Muslim. This is not new, though... been going on for decades, if not centuries.

If the French need to ban something on their beaches, they should ban fat Frenchmen wearing speedos. Now THAT is an eye sore.

French mayors refuse to lift burkini ban despite court ruling

AAibDNR.img

France clearly states they are a Secular government. Since all religons are pretty much all B.S., I applaud their stance.

As for Burka's, Muslim men should wear them as well.

While I don't necessarily agree this leads to radicalization it is a dumb law that infringes upon personal freedom. If a woman voluntarily chooses to wear a burka no government should force them to take it off.

Am I supposed to be outraged by something done in France?

Let me know, I haven't been outraged in a while.

France clearly states they are a Secular government. Since all religons are pretty much all B.S., I applaud their stance.

As for Burka's, Muslim men should wear them as well.

That's really American of you. Congratulations.

That's really American of you. Congratulations.

this is in France. I'd imagine you must wake up everyday absolutely appalled by how non-muslims are treated in predominantly muslim countries.

How is it that you manage to go on with the weight of the world on your shoulders?

I don't know about radicalization, whatever that means. But this certainly appears to be a violation of the freedoms of individuals. Apparently the government also wants to apply this to nuns in habits and head dress as well. This is really stupid and short sighted on their part.

Wouldnt the "radical" position be that they shouldnt even be at the beach?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldnt the "radical" position be that they shouldnt even be at the beach?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this is in France. I'd imagine you must wake up everyday absolutely appalled by how non-muslims are treated in predominantly muslim countries.

How is it that you manage to go on with the weight of the world on your shoulders?

What? LOL

Save that for Facebook.0

I agree but...

This is "Freedom Fries"-style alarmism.

Man, if you're going to oppress a minority group, at least do so in such a way that appears to be connected to public safety. This is the type of legislative cultural warfare that the French would turn their noses up at if it were happening in the United States.

I guess this is where my ethnocentrism comes out, but I don't like this because it puts uber-liberals in a position where they celebrate the wearing of ceremonial religious dress, where no such celebration is warranted.

These women certainly have a right to wear these "burkinis" but I would hope that most in a free society would scoff at the idea that wearing these is really a form of female empowerment and a sign of progress. It is not. Striving for the right to wear them, on the other hand, is. I guess that's a very fine dichotomy but to me it's important.

The French are weird.

Hmm seek to recall in Muslim countries non Muslims women are pretty much asked to wear burka as to not offend the men and give their women ideas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom