Andrew Juge: Winston refused to Start Against the Rams (1 Viewer)

I knew something would come out about Winston from the team to make him look bad before they cut him. I bet there’s more to the story than just Winston not wanting to start, such as solely game-managing on a short leash and an even number of QB snaps with Hill.

Or really just wasn’t healthy at all and didn’t want to worsen his injuries with little to no reps given by coaches but he was willing to be an emergency QB.

How does someone win a courage award for being a great teammate but not want to help his team win as a starting QB doesn’t even sound right. He was itching to play in interviews.

Last edited:
Let the rumors and the destruction of his character begin or shall I say continue. His teammates never seemed to have an issue with him. He always looked enthusiastic on the sidelines. Way more than others at times. Surely more than our lousy head coach who often times appeared to be watching paint dry as games slipped away.

But one has to ask, was he even healthy? A ruptured foot tendon and broken bones in his back doesn't sound like something a few weeks could fix. That sounds like a whole season or entire offseason kind of stuff.

Regardless, why would a guy put his health and the future of his career on the line for a coach that has no intentions of retaining him? He knows he won't be here next year. His best bet for himself and his family was to get healthy and prepared for his next job. Have we all not seen the ugly injuries the NFL had this year? Tua has been in protocol for over a month. Russell Wilson's concussion was horrible too. And let's not forget about Hamlin.

Doesn’t add up, the “hurts my soul” interview was a day or two before the Rams game. He said he would be a starter if they ever called his number. Was he lying? In this same article, DA says Winston still wasn’t healthy.

Another suggestion from the tweet thread is that he had the interview where he said he wanted to play, coach offers him a chance to play with 0% preparation, he correctly refuses to put himself and his teammates in a bad spot.

How does someone win a courage award for being a great teammate but not want to help his team win as a starting QB doesn’t even sound right.
Yeah, it could very well just be a bad source. But I'll say this, if he did refuse to start, and the team still voted to give him that courage award, what does that say about the teams general feeling regarding their head coach?

Yeah, it could very well just be a bad source. But I'll say this, if he did refuse to start, and the team still voted to give him that courage award, what does that say about the teams general feeling regarding their head coach?

I was hoping the Courage Award was about him overcoming injuries, but if this tweet is true, then it really becomes hard to see it as anything other than the politest locker room mutiny in NFL history.

I was hoping the Courage Award was about him overcoming injuries, but if this tweet is true, then it really becomes hard to see it as anything other than the politest locker room mutiny in NFL history.
It's only hard to see it any other way if you already decided it is that way and you assume that if Winston refused to start, then his teammates would know about it.

If Winston did refuse to start and we're just now hearing about it, then maybe the rest of the team didn't know about it when they voted for him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom