Andrew Juge: Winston refused to Start Against the Rams (1 Viewer)

I don't disagree with any of this so I'm confused by you quoting my post. I initially said "As much as I want DA gone, he doesn't owe Winston anything. Jameis was Payton's guy." My response was toward people thinking Jameis was somehow screwed over by DA. I don't feel that way. I believe that all promises are wiped clean as soon as there is a regime change at the head coaching position.
DA signed Winston though... He brought in Dalton and was adamant he was the clear cut backup and that Taysom Hill was a TE.

I wouldn't say the FO did him dirty. They paid him well. Drafted Olave at a high cost. Got him Landry. FO can't control what DA does with his players.
DA specifically told him he wouldn't lose his starting position due to injury then did the exact opposite.

That's doing him dirty. Especially when he was a team captain and Dalton wasn't putting up crazy numbers.

DA specifically told him he wouldn't lose his starting position due to injury then did the exact opposite.

That's doing him dirty. Especially when he was a team captain and Dalton wasn't putting up crazy numbers.
I'm talking about the FO not DA. Denise did him dirty and the FO dirty, because they did their best to give DA talent on offense.

Juge's typical tweets get a ceiling of 10,000 impressions (i.e. views). When he retweets Duncan with a comment, the impressions grow to 50K.

The Jameis tweet has 95K impressions. Since that tweet, he has about 8 tweets on other topics, except for this "softening" tweet on Jamies.

Bottom line, Juge is a clout-chasing hack, pretending he's "media."

I don’t understand why Jameis has so much support on here. But to each his own.
I can't speak for everyone else, but I try to be fair when it comes to evaluating players and I don't think he has ever been given a fair shot here. I still believe had he been healthy all year we would be having a lot different breed of conversations. That is just what I think. Who knows? He wasn't playing particularly well before he got hurt. I can't and won't deny that.

That said, it doesn't really matter anymore. The Saints have clearly moved on from him and have been "moved on" since probably early November. He is done here.

This is grossly incorrect. McCoy handled line calls started in 2020.

McCoy was injured in the 1st week. Ruiz was the center for the 1st quarter of the season in 2021 and didn't come back till week 7.
Thank you for making up for my bad memory.

I recall Winston attempting to make protection calls up until the first 2021 Carolina game, and then the responsibility getting handed back off (to presumably Ruiz?). What do you recall about all that?

[Winston]’s not starting QB material in the NFL regardless of what he says or does behind the scenes.
Neither was Geno Smith 12 months ago. It's not unusual for QBs to take upwards of a decade to come through. Admittedly, the obviously elite ones come through much faster ... and few teams in the modern era can keep a development project on the bench for 8-10 years.

Thank you for making up for my bad memory.

I recall Winston attempting to make protection calls up until the first 2021 Carolina game, and then the responsibility getting handed back off (to presumably Ruiz?). What do you recall about all that?
After the Carolina game. Winston started to do more protection calls on his own. Around Redskin or Seattle game, he was much more involved, but not Drew Brees level

Juge's typical tweets get a ceiling of 10,000 impressions (i.e. views). When he retweets Duncan with a comment, the impressions grow to 50K.

The Jameis tweet has 95K impressions. Since that tweet, he has about 8 tweets on other topics, except for this "softening" tweet on Jamies.

Bottom line, Juge is a clout-chasing hack, pretending he's "media."

I can't understand why just because someone has a lot of views and "likes" on twitter or any other social medial (crap media) makes it more true. These people make money on it and 99% are just throwing **** against a wall hoping part will stick.

After the Carolina game. Winston started to do more protection calls on his own. Around Redskin or Seattle game, he was much more involved, but not Drew Brees level
So I had it backwards -- Winston was picking up the skill of making the protection calls in Payton's offense, and was likely stumbling with it at times.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom