Andrew Juge: Winston refused to Start Against the Rams (1 Viewer)

Neither Jameis nor Dennis are the future here but I tend to believe Jameis over Dennis.

I’d also like for Dennis to be gone and let Jameis have the whole next season to see what he’s got. He’s under contract and we have zero to lose. If he stinks up the joint we get that high pick and go after a QB. I know it’s not happening just what I wish was happening.
Our defense will still probably be too good to have a top pick. That’s what has prevented us from having a top pick the past 2+ years

Not that Winston was for sure the answer at QB, but I don't think he got a full shot at running the team because of the ongoing injuries.
I'm probably okay with all of it had CDA just come out and said "Winston won't start a game until the medical staff clears him and I am confident he can play without further injury. That said, our policy is you can't lose your job to injury and that is that."

If that isn't his policy, he should just come out and say so or be honest that circumstances had forced him to change his policy.

If Dalton was playing better than he was I might be more inclined to cut CDA more slack, but at the very least I don't think he was willing to say what he thought or he didn't have the guts to be out front with it or someone was just plain lying on how game ready Winston ever was. To me one of the biggest knocks on Coach Allen this year is his handling of the team in public looked very unprofessional.

If Winston was able to play he should have gotten a few starts even if we weren't officially out of it or CDA needed to be honest and say Dalton was his QB of choice going forward. Personally, I'd be fine with it if neither Dalton or Winston is here next year and that is a very real possibility.

All I can tell people who disagree with me about Winston is that I’ve watched nfl football since I was 6 years old, 52 years. Watching football that long, very passionately and also very analytically, you naturally develop an ability to recognize when players look comfortable and “in their element “ at their position. JW has never looked right at starting qb in a Saints offense. and as much as I love Taysom Hill, neither has he. Despite his physical limitations and age, Andy Dalton always looked like a piece of the machine that fit properly worked correctly, at least more so than the other two. JW looked much more comfortable in Tampa Bay‘s offense.
I wouldn’t dare say that my observation carries any weight as far as proving to someone else. But to my eyes, and I was open minded at first, he never looked like a good fit in this scheme. And I’ll just throw in that I think temperament has a lot to do with it. He seems to gravitate towards being more of a gunslinger and high risk/high reward style. The offense seems to. Operate better when you’re more methodical, cerebral, and willing to take what the defense gives you.

JW looked much more comfortable in Tampa Bay‘s offense.
With him being named QB1 coming into the season, the offense should have been built around him and his strengths, considering our WR room was the perfect fit for the scheme that we used to run when we were a high powered offense. Instead, we rolled out what looked to be a rehashed of the offense that Brees ran when he could not physically play in a vertical offense anymore.

He seems to gravitate towards being more of a gunslinger and high risk/high reward style.
So did Brees. The thing is, Brees always had the "luxury" of having great receiving RBs. That also points to CSP's scheming and the fact that he was always able to scheme them to operate in space (and those RB choice routes).

The scheme was trash.
Hot trash in a flaming dumping. And people are still clinging on to the hope that "we just need an upgrade at QB."

With him being named QB1 coming into the season, the offense should have been built around him and his strengths, considering our WR room was the perfect fit for the scheme that we used to run when we were a high powered offense. Instead, we rolled out what looked to be a rehashed of the offense that Brees ran when he could not physically play in a vertical offense anymore.

So did Brees. The thing is, Brees always had the "luxury" of having great receiving RBs. That also points to CSP's scheming and the fact that he was always able to scheme them to operate in space (and those RB choice routes).

Hot trash in a flaming dumping. And people are still clinging on to the hope that "we just need an upgrade at QB."
To your last, we need a new QB (hopefully strike gold in the draft) and a new coaching staff. Imo.

It was about time to block Juge anyway.
Serious question. Why do people block someone or insult them merely for making a statement they disagree with? None of us know what happened or the accuracy of his tweet yet the fact that he dared post it means he should be canceled in the eyes of some.

Last edited:
Serious question. Why do people block someone or insukt them merely for making a statement they disagree with? None of us know what happened or the accuracy of his tweet yet the fact that he dared post it means he should be canceled in the eyes of some.
It seems more and more people lack the ability to disagree civilly.

Serious question. Why do people block someone or insukt them merely for making a statement they disagree with? None of us know what happened or the accuracy of his tweet yet the fact that he dared post it means he should be canceled in the eyes of some.
It’s not solely this tweet it’s his stuff constantly popping up in my timeline and 80% of it being clout chasing [NOPE] rumors. So he gets blocked so I don’t have to waste time on garbage tabloid nonsense.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what the hell is going on with this team. Payton leaves and it seems like all sanity went with him.

Sign a QB to a reasonable deal and get weapons for him that fit his strengths and then have him play in an offensive scheme that doesn't take advantage of any of that. Then, play him after he's obviously hobbled to the point that even people who weren't already familiar with Jameis were taken aback by the lack of downfield accuracy. Then, have him sit because he's injured, but don't put him on IR. Then claim he's being benched for performance reasons. Then, after his backup plays poorly, say you're not starting Jameis because he's still injured. But you also don't switch to Taysom or even really let him get touches till it's too late to make a difference. It's so poorly mismanaged it's borderline funny. You don't see this level of ineptitude often unless you're Adam Gase.
For the life of me I have nonidea why we went with DA and we are keeping PC. I really wanted the Jets OC.

We are in for some rough times if we dont resolve this Payton issue. It will become part of team lore. Smh.

Serious question. Why do people block someone or insult them merely for making a statement they disagree with? None of us know what happened or the accuracy of his tweet yet the fact that he dared post it means he should be canceled in the eyes of some.
The reason is there is a screen infront of people, not an actual person. Part of the negative of social media is people not knowing how to communicate when they disagree with someone. No dialog happens anymore. And unfortunately this is has now moved into true in person interaction since people are so used to behaving that way on the internet. Many people stop listening in discussions if they get a hint the other person will not agree with them. Sign of our times and it is not good.

I don't think anyone should leave insulting comments on Juge's post, but if someone wants to block him from their feed that's fine. If a person shows up in your feed and you think they routinely post stupid or malicious stuff, why would you continue to follow them? So you can be annoyed more? To me a person blocking Juge b/c they dislike his posts is no different than someone choosing not to watch Skip Bayless or Shannon Sharpe on TV. You shouldn't call anyone names for disagreeing with you but you shouldn't feel obligated to continue subjecting yourself to their takes if you don't like their takes either.

All I can tell people who disagree with me about Winston is that I’ve watched nfl football since I was 6 years old, 52 years. Watching football that long, very passionately and also very analytically, you naturally develop an ability to recognize when players look comfortable and “in their element “ at their position. JW has never looked right at starting qb in a Saints offense. and as much as I love Taysom Hill, neither has he. Despite his physical limitations and age, Andy Dalton always looked like a piece of the machine that fit properly worked correctly, at least more so than the other two. JW looked much more comfortable in Tampa Bay‘s offense.
I wouldn’t dare say that my observation carries any weight as far as proving to someone else. But to my eyes, and I was open minded at first, he never looked like a good fit in this scheme. And I’ll just throw in that I think temperament has a lot to do with it. He seems to gravitate towards being more of a gunslinger and high risk/high reward style. The offense seems to. Operate better when you’re more methodical, cerebral, and willing to take what the defense gives you.
Winston looks like a newborn deer maneuvering in and out of the pocket. He’s an awkward athlete. He has a pretty pass, but he’s what he is. He a guy who will get use to 6-9 wins…like all of the QBs on our roster.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom