Andrew Luck is the new Archie Manning (1 Viewer)

ChopperSaint

Official gum of champions
Reaction score
So this is what it was like watching Archiez

I only got to see Archie play 1 or 2 years but I have seen a bunch of highlights.

Watching Luck run for his life on every single snap when he drops back looks exactly like those highlights ive watched from the 70s.

So the guy who replaced Peyton Manning turns out to be the exact carbon copy of Archie Manning.

They were both highly prized players coming out of college.
Both almost the exact same height and arm strength.

Both very mobile.

Both play/played for horrible teams.z

Luck gets plenty of the credit for holding the ball too long and fumbling so much. He is a horrible first half QB. 2nd half he is pretty good. Just wildly inconsistent from one half to the next.

Luck has at least had a little bit of playoff success so far in his short career which sadly automatically puts him above Archie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So does Jay Cutler, Rex Grossman, and Tim Tebow. That's a lousy metric for a team game.

something to think about.. sanchez has a better playoff record than luck and all-pro stats in comparison.

Luck isn't Archie, not by a long shot. If you put Archie on that Colts team he would have done as good or better than Luck.

Luck just isn't good enough for the air he came into the NFL with. He has been amply disappointing, and while he could use help up front, he has never lacked talent around him like Manning did.

something to think about.. sanchez has a better playoff record than luck and all-pro stats in comparison.

Only takes two losses when you only made the playoffs twice.

Luck's made playoffs three times and is 3-3. If he wins a playoff game this time, he will be 4-3.

Let's be honest here. Archie Manning was overrated, a perennial loser. He has terrible stats and led terrible teams.

Nobody outside the states of Louisiana and Mississippi believes Archie Manning was ever on Luck's level.

Archie Manning can't even sniff Andrew Luck's jock strap.

Ummm....guys?

Went 11-5 and to the playoffs in each of his first 3 seasons. That's with a marginally talented team. Got further each time too. Last full season was 2014, he threw for 4700+ yards and led the league with 40 TD passes. This year he's averaging 300+ yards through 3 games, 6 TDs against 2 ints.

Say he doesn't live up to the hype, if you want, but he's a damn good QB. Other than getting derailed by a half-season where he played with severe injuries behind a terrible offensive line, I can't really see any way he's earned this sort of criticism.

Brees is Archie

Trying to single handedly win games with no running game
And a shaky defense and horrific ST.

Luck will never face the physical pounding that Archie did. Back in the 70s you could maul the QB. Today just simple contact to the head gets you 15. I had season tickets the first few years Archie played. He took a beating.

Let's be honest here. Archie Manning was overrated, a perennial loser. He has terrible stats and led terrible teams.

Nobody outside the states of Louisiana and Mississippi believes Archie Manning was ever on Luck's level.

Archie Manning can't even sniff Andrew Luck's jock strap.

you must not have watched him play live or listen to other players of the era. he was always considered one of the best players in the nfl, that never had a sniff of a good team. archie was the "prototype qb, that they keep bringing out. before cuningham, vick or newton, he showed the same skills & much more toughness! big, mobile, big arm & dangerous running in the open field. w/an o line(w/the "watch out archie!" blocking scheme) & a defense, saints history would be completely different.
hmmn, that sounds familiar.

as the only mvp that played for a non winning team, SOMEBODY had respect for him, even if YOU don't.

A

Ummm....guys?

Went 11-5 and to the playoffs in each of his first 3 seasons. That's with a marginally talented team. Got further each time too. Last full season was 2014, he threw for 4700+ yards and led the league with 40 TD passes. This year he's averaging 300+ yards through 3 games, 6 TDs against 2 ints.

Say he doesn't live up to the hype, if you want, but he's a damn good QB. Other than getting derailed by a half-season where he played with severe injuries behind a terrible offensive line, I can't really see any way he's earned this sort of criticism.

That's nice stats and all but you forgot one. He leads the league in turnovers over the last two years and goes ice cold for long stretches. I'm not saying he isn't a good player because he is but he's got some serious flaws that have to be worked out before he finds that elite level. Even when he does, he may never go anywhere with that organization making terrible decisions.

Luck would look a whole lot better if he had even a remotely competitive offensive line in front of him ... the O-Line play in Indy the last two seasons has been TERRIBLE!

He has all the tools and he can play the position at a high level if he is put into a situation where he has a chance to be successful. Sometimes its not about the QB but about how a team has built around him that makes all the difference.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom